• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Strange thoughts

Palladian

Palladian

I just wanted to share a few experiences. I was an avid drug user I took a cocktail of drugs for several years before being sectioned and stopping drugs eventually altogether. The thing is it was when I decided to think more about the future without drugs that I was sectioned. I got into architecture. And I think it was this obsession that triggered off my psychotic episode - ok so I was mixing acid with ecstasy, but that was nothing new. Thinking about the wider world seemed to trigger me off.
Now I'm completely obsessed with architecture I love buildings and when I lived near London used to walk around it for hours. I read about architecture all the time. one of my favourite buildings is canterbury cathedral and I used to spend hours in there when I lived there. I love the rich diversity of styles, fabrics and different periods that juxtapose each other in London. My favourite places are cities I love Venice and New York. When I go on holiday I visit cities like Rome instead of going to the beach and I do so in the spring and autumn.
I love all styles of architecture and can't decide which is my favourite old or new I think I prefer old though - New York was amazing with all its sky scrapers. I'll never forget.
The thing is I live in a rural area now and don't get into cities much apart from when I go on holiday

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

That is a nice obsession. It sounds like fun and interesting too.

It could be viewed spiritually - perhaps from your ancestors or a spiritual calling..

F

flatz

Welcome here, how long have you been diagnosed with schizophrenia?

Palladian

Palladian

I've been diagnosed quite a few years now. Way back in the 90's can't remember exactly when but I've got a feeling I've been like this since I was a child. How about you two?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I had a breakdown at 24 - then followed a ward stay and was diagnosed with psychotic episodes. It was around 2000 but can't recall exactly. Then in 2011 I was off meds, and a p-doc re-diagnosed me with schizophrenia.
I had issues when I was younger but the psychosis only started just before my breakdown.

Palladian

Palladian

Yeah I was around 24 - I had a psychotic episode filled with mental pain and a lot of pleasure too. Sometimes I wish I was having another episode because the delusions were kinda fun a bit like a good trip on acid. Dunno really I'm just so bored. I live in a rural part of Wales and feel so isolated I just long for the city. All the time.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Take a trip to London. I live near London, but haven't been for a while because I was getting distressed. But I love London, museums are my favorites but anything to do with history I enjoy. the last time I went to the british museum, I was very distressed, and had to make my way home.

Palladian

Palladian

I'm going to Oxford soon that'll be good, then I'm moving into my own place, I live with my mum at the moment. When I've settled in I'll go on holiday - if I'm feeling well enough.
I love museums, the British museum is cool all that egyptian stuff. I might goto Egypt or do you think it would be to dangerous?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I'm going to Oxford soon that'll be good, then I'm moving into my own place, I live with my mum at the moment. When I've settled in I'll go on holiday - if I'm feeling well enough.
I love museums, the British museum is cool all that egyptian stuff. I might goto Egypt or do you think it would be to dangerous?
It depends on your stability. I have traveled since initial diagnosis, but not in recent time since I have been plagued by hallucinations. But I think stability will return again - it has to.

Palladian

Palladian

Yeah I get hallucinations at the moment the thing that's stopping me is I've got a weak right ear canal which leaves me feeling dizzy. Its also quite disorientating.
I love travelling.

F

flatz

I've been diagnosed quite a few years now. Way back in the 90's can't remember exactly when but I've got a feeling I've been like this since I was a child. How about you two?
Around 1996 I went mad, the pdoc diagnosed me with psychosis, then psychosis and depression.

At first is was thought to be catatonic schizophrenia but then about three years ago was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and another hospital stay.

I dont think I have fully accepted the diagnosis, it depends on what time of day you catch me on as to whether I agree with it or not.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Perhaps make some plans for the future when you are feeling better. I love traveling too and hope to be able to do some again.

Palladian

Palladian

Around 1996 I went mad, the pdoc diagnosed me with psychosis, then psychosis and depression.

At first is was thought to be catatonic schizophrenia but then about three years ago was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and another hospital stay.
I dont think I have fully accepted the diagnosis, it depends on what time of day you catch me on as to whether I agree with it or not.
Yeah it was about '96 that I went into hospital for the first time.

Palladian

Palladian

Perhaps make some plans for the future when you are feeling better. I love traveling too and hope to be able to do some again.
Yeah I don't think I'll goto Egypt though its probably to dangerous.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I am attracted to bikes - bicycles, scooters, motorbikes. But it is too dangerous at the moment with hallucinations. but hope to do it in the future if i am alive.