• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Strange ocd theme!

D

DaisyLaCrazy

I’ve managed to get over so many aspects of my ocd. Such as contamination, touching things four times, repeating phrases, counting things a certain amount of time, worrying about sleep, worrying about being schizophrenic.
However the one thing I can’t seem to get over , maybe because it’s my theme now, is the doubt I have over pretty much every opinion I have! For example I will think something and then automatically feel anxiety and doubt over it. Then have to repeat it over until I feel sure and it clicks. I also do this over how things feel. My son may come out with something funny and I’ll laugh and then I’ll think why is that funny? And it doesn’t make sense anymore. Or I’ll think how did it feel when I did this or that and have to ruminate until I remember the ‘right feeling’

I guess for all of this the only way to overcome it is not to feed it. I know that’s the advise im going to be given. I really want to be free from this horrible ocd so I will try my best.

I also remember when I gave birth that the gas and air took away all feelings of anxiety and thoughts didn’t get stuck in a loop and just passed through naturally. I wish I could always feel that way :( I then got stuck trying to remember exactly how that felt

I am going through lack of sleep
With a newborn so my ocd is really bad at the moment. I’ve got Valium from my doctor but I don’t want to take it am scared how I’ll feel etc. I can’t take anti depressents as I’m on beta blockers for a heart issue.

the heart issue is a new diagnosis. So everything is worrying me as I also have health anxiety.

I just wish my brain would give me a f%#^ing break.

you see these ignorant people who never ever doubt a single thing and I just don’t get why we have to suffer such a crippling illness. I find the advise on these sites more helpful than any therapist I’ve seen, none have really understood.

thanks for listening to my rant , I also wonder if it’s still ocd etc but I know it is and that’s why I can’t let go of it because I feel the need to be sure of my opinions etc. How will I ever be able to stand up for myself if I doubt what I believe in? My partners mum is such a manipulative jealous person and I just don’t trust her around my kids without myself and my partner there but I always doubt myself when I know I’m right about her! And whether I should be ok with my partner just being there with her but I just don’t trust what rubbish she would come out with in front of my kids and I want to protect them from how weird she can be as I think it will only affect them negatively being around such a manipulative jealous person who’s desperate to be the most liked person and will do anything to have that power / control she does with her own kids.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,i read as best i could ,you say you have a new born? oh that must be such hard work
i have a similar problem ,i know this sounds silly but i doubt when i do things ,like perform tasks and i need people to watch me when i do them and reassure me i have done them so i do not have to keep redoing them
sending lots of hugs x

D

Dudu

Hii,its normal ,i have same problem,even i am confused about everything,so yesterday i was seeing some models wearing some skirt and dresses , at a one time it feel like i like it,but at another second i didnt feel the same , so i am really confused about my feeling and i start ruminates whether i like it or not, i am confused about everything , and i have ocd too

D

Dudu

And dont worry too much 🤗,just think about your new born baby, and keep working so ur mind cant think about this thoughts,its going to be difficult ,but u have to do it for ur baby,

B

BlueWater

I've felt entangled in my thoughts lately, too. OCD is a beast.

Maybe your mom could come over, spend the night and watch your kids for you while you take a Valium and catch up on sleep. It would be worth it for your body and your mind. Don't fear it. Probably you'll feel very relaxed and sleep well. I took Valium for a week about twenty years ago for spasms. It was fantastic. I was sleep deprived and in pain. After my course of Valium, I was refreshed and able to go back to work.

Benzos are awesome when used in moderation. You may feel like a new woman after one or two doses. I certainly started to feel whole again after a few days on Klonopin.

D

DaisyLaCrazy

Maybe your mom could come over, spend the night and watch your kids for you while you take a Valium and catch up on sleep. It would be worth it for your body and your mind. Don't fear it. Probably you'll feel very relaxed and sleep well. I took Valium for a week about twenty years ago for spasms. It was fantastic. I was sleep deprived and in pain. After my course of Valium, I was refreshed and able to go back to work.

Benzos are awesome when used in moderation. You may feel like a new woman after one or two doses. I certainly started to feel whole again after a few days on Klonopin.
Thanks blue water. You always give sound advise. I took a Valium last night 2mg. I didn’t feel like it did much but I woke up and realised I had slept the whole night through. So that’s good. I’ve had benzo tamazepam in the past but felt that worked much better and calmed my anxiety and thoughts but I am not allowed sleeping tablets with a newborn.
The GP won’t prescribe anti depressents so I have to wait until I see my cardiologist.
I am speaking to A psychologist too , so hoping that will help. My mother in law always triggers my anxiety as she is very controlling and I never know how to deal with her so hoping the psychologist can help me with that. I get so angry and my ocd and anxiety gets worse whenever I see her and for a few days after.

I also feel like my whole body is on edge and my thoughts get stuck rather than flow though but I’m defo a bit better after the Valium. I will probably take once or twice a week? I get nerve spasms with my anxiety too so my leg with randomly jump etc I hate it !

D

DaisyLaCrazy

I’m sorry that you have struggled with it lately too :( I wouldn’t think that by the way you seem so calm and collected in your replies.

B

BlueWater

Thanks blue water. You always give sound advise. I took a Valium last night 2mg. I didn’t feel like it did much but I woke up and realised I had slept the whole night through. So that’s good. I’ve had benzo tamazepam in the past but felt that worked much better and calmed my anxiety and thoughts but I am not allowed sleeping tablets with a newborn.
The GP won’t prescribe anti depressents so I have to wait until I see my cardiologist.
I am speaking to A psychologist too , so hoping that will help. My mother in law always triggers my anxiety as she is very controlling and I never know how to deal with her so hoping the psychologist can help me with that. I get so angry and my ocd and anxiety gets worse whenever I see her and for a few days after.

I also feel like my whole body is on edge and my thoughts get stuck rather than flow though but I’m defo a bit better after the Valium. I will probably take once or twice a week? I get nerve spasms with my anxiety too so my leg with randomly jump etc I hate it !
I think the general rule of thumb with benzos is about 2 times weekly to get the most benefit without getting used to the same dose. I take Klonopin, a benzo, every night since Jan after a stressful family event, so my OCD thoughts will stop and let me sleep. My .5mg Klonopin is equivalent to 5-10mg Valium. I'm not sure exactly because the online calculators vary. It's good you have something for your twitching, too. I have similar family anxiety and know what you mean with your frustration over wanting thoughts to flow and not hang up. I tried my first SSRI a few weeks ago but my anxiety got too high so I had to stop it and start a beta blocker. I haven't tried my Buspar yet. And yesterday my doc called in Mirtazapine for me to try as a sleep aid to see if I can get a break from daily benzo use because I think daily Klonopin gets me a bit depressed. I used to be scared of meds but in the last few months I've become more courageous. So long as I try one med then don't try any other one for a few weeks then I feel better about it because at least I know what caused a new side effect.

B

BlueWater

I'm proud of you for trying the Valium and speaking with your doctors! Well done! You're facing the OCD beast and telling it that it can't control you forever!

B

BlueWater

I’m sorry that you have struggled with it lately too :( I wouldn’t think that by the way you seem so calm and collected in your replies.
I can only reply when I'm calm and collected. 😀 My racing mind varies by the day and sometimes the hour.

D

DaisyLaCrazy

I can only reply when I'm calm and collected. 😀 My racing mind varies by the day and sometimes the hour.
The 2mg valium
Doesn’t seem to have an effect on me ? :-( I found sleeping tablets help more but I can’t take with a newborn. My thoughts are racing, I have stupid ocd where I get stuck on things people say and then question why when it’s pretty simple and over complicate everything and feel like
I understand nothing. Feel a terrible mother as pop to the loo to ruminate now and then as it’s so bad. X

B

BlueWater

The 2mg valium
Doesn’t seem to have an effect on me ? :-( I found sleeping tablets help more but I can’t take with a newborn. My thoughts are racing, I have stupid ocd where I get stuck on things people say and then question why when it’s pretty simple and over complicate everything and feel like
I understand nothing. Feel a terrible mother as pop to the loo to ruminate now and then as it’s so bad. X
That sounds very low and really I don't know if it's for your OCD as much as it is for your anxiety and twitching. Klonopin, Lunesta, Hydroxyzine HCL, Pregabalin and occasional Propranolol are the meds keeping my anxiety under control. But yes my mind does everyday what yours does but usually for a couple of hours, not all day. My doc called in Buspirone for me to try as a daily anxiety med. I haven't tried it yet. And he called in Mirtazapine for me to try as a sleep aid to see if I can get a break from taking Lunesta, Klonopin and Trazodone every night. I don't do well on high dosages of anything but opioids at least nothing else yet. I hope to try Lexapro again when my anxiety is better.

D

DaisyLaCrazy

That sounds very low and really I don't know if it's for your OCD as much as it is for your anxiety and twitching. Klonopin, Lunesta, Hydroxyzine HCL, Pregabalin and occasional Propranolol are the meds keeping my anxiety under control. But yes my mind does everyday what yours does but usually for a couple of hours, not all day. My doc called in Buspirone for me to try as a daily anxiety med. I haven't tried it yet. And he called in Mirtazapine for me to try as a sleep aid to see if I can get a break from taking Lunesta, Klonopin and Trazodone every night. I don't do well on high dosages of anything but opioids at least nothing else yet. I hope to try Lexapro again when my anxiety is better.
His given me such a low dose and it does nothing. Pointless. And he won’t give me anything else. Feel at my wits end.

B

BlueWater

His given me such a low dose and it does nothing. Pointless. And he won’t give me anything else. Feel at my wits end.
It's not really for your OCD, just to get you to sleep occasionally and relax your body a bit. Are you nursing your baby?

D

DaisyLaCrazy

It's not really for your OCD, just to get you to sleep occasionally and relax your body a bit. Are you nursing your baby?
No due to heart meds I can’t breast feed