• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Strange anxiety symptom

N

Nutzername

I have many physical anxiety symptoms, but I have a strange one with my legs that I struggle to describe. I wondered if anyone else has similar and can explain it better than me?

I happens when I lie down in bed (most of the time when up and moving around they are fine). My legs feel so strange but i can't describe it. It kind of feels like they are weak, maybe trembling, but it would be a really light fine fast tremble, almost like a tingle but very dull. They also kind of feel like they are floating, almost like the are disassociated with the rest of me. I'm not sure it's restless leg syndrome, as it is not painful and I don't have to move them (it's just disturbing).

As I say I really can't explain it well. Does anyone else have anything similar?

O

Orangeade

I have many physical anxiety symptoms, but I have a strange one with my legs that I struggle to describe. I wondered if anyone else has similar and can explain it better than me?

I happens when I lie down in bed (most of the time when up and moving around they are fine). My legs feel so strange but i can't describe it. It kind of feels like they are weak, maybe trembling, but it would be a really light fine fast tremble, almost like a tingle but very dull. They also kind of feel like they are floating, almost like the are disassociated with the rest of me. I'm not sure it's restless leg syndrome, as it is not painful and I don't have to move them (it's just disturbing).

As I say I really can't explain it well. Does anyone else have anything similar?
Do you take any anxiety medication?

N

Nutzername

Do you take any anxiety medication?
Yes Lorazepam and Escitalopram at the moment. Not sure what is and anxiety symptom and what is ssri side effect right now. I feel so weak, like i need to sleep, but sleep does not help.

S

Sanders1502

@Nutzername my legs feel like a sunburn sensation. From knee to foot. Definitely anxiety related. Had it for years but lately it’s at its worst.

N

Nutzername

I’m thinking it’s some sort of restless leg thing having read more. Not the worst anxiety symptom I’ve ever had - just super weird!