• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

stopping medication

L

littlemo

hi everyone
want to stop my antipsychotics,as feeling no benefit in taking them,tried and tried this week to see gp but no appointments.im really down,don"t know what to do.:cry:

T

Twylight

Hi littlemo, I know exactly how you feel
i haven't had a happy day on medication in 22 years
But it stops the delusions, the visual and audio hallucinations
Your are well within your legal rights to stop your medication.
i can only advise you to speak to your Gp and perhaps try a different anti-psychotic
i wish you well, in whatever you decide to do
i am about to try a combination of abilify and olanzepine
At the moment I'm just taking olanzepine and it is causing me to sleep far too much and the Doctor thinks it's affecting my vision
They think that a touch of abilify will keep me awake more.

A

Apotheosis

Hi littlemo, I know exactly how you feel
i haven't had a happy day on medication in 22 years
10 years in the cloud of med induced apathy & the land of the chemically suppressed; for me too. Punctuated with little moments of "waking up" & going mad, when I have stopped the meds. Wish those attempts had been more successful; but they have been nightmares. Without the right support & medical assistance to try another safe withdrawal; then the alternative I am left with is probably going to be meds for life. I try to just keep it in the day; & I am trying very hard at the moment to get acceptance around the "Chemical Solution" & be happy with the situation, despite how unsatisfactory & unacceptable it can appear to me sometimes.