• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

stopping medication

L

littlemo

hi everyone
want to stop my antipsychotics,as feeling no benefit in taking them,tried and tried this week to see gp but no appointments.im really down,don"t know what to do.:cry:

T

Twylight

Hi littlemo, I know exactly how you feel
i haven't had a happy day on medication in 22 years
But it stops the delusions, the visual and audio hallucinations
Your are well within your legal rights to stop your medication.
i can only advise you to speak to your Gp and perhaps try a different anti-psychotic
i wish you well, in whatever you decide to do
i am about to try a combination of abilify and olanzepine
At the moment I'm just taking olanzepine and it is causing me to sleep far too much and the Doctor thinks it's affecting my vision
They think that a touch of abilify will keep me awake more.

A

Apotheosis

Hi littlemo, I know exactly how you feel
i haven't had a happy day on medication in 22 years
10 years in the cloud of med induced apathy & the land of the chemically suppressed; for me too. Punctuated with little moments of "waking up" & going mad, when I have stopped the meds. Wish those attempts had been more successful; but they have been nightmares. Without the right support & medical assistance to try another safe withdrawal; then the alternative I am left with is probably going to be meds for life. I try to just keep it in the day; & I am trying very hard at the moment to get acceptance around the "Chemical Solution" & be happy with the situation, despite how unsatisfactory & unacceptable it can appear to me sometimes.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Stopping medication Mental Health Experiences 26
T I feel depressed. My mental problems are stopping me from living Mental Health Experiences 1
W Complex story: Personality change after stopping mood stabilizer? Mental Health Experiences 4
M do unpleasant side effects go away after stopping treatment Mental Health Experiences 1
ex-sex-addict Stopping The Bad Habit of Forcing Myself To Boldly Approach And Pick Up Random Women Along With Focusing On My True Passions Was All That Mattered To Mental Health Experiences 4
I My Mental Health Journey And Struggles With Medication Mental Health Experiences 1
L Medication, Mental Health Experiences 3
S If crisis team are currently giving me my medication daily Mental Health Experiences 3
E Has anyone else had a positive experience with every prescribed medication Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Scared of taking medication for OCD and anxiety because of side effects Mental Health Experiences 1
F Medication Mental Health Experiences 5
F Medication Mental Health Experiences 1
soulsearcher It is very difficult coming off some medication (drugs) Mental Health Experiences 9
S Medication Mental Health Experiences 4
C Stopped taking medication Mental Health Experiences 6
N Medication and sexual performance!! Mental Health Experiences 3
B No emotions (depression, medication, trauma, schizophrenia/psychosis) Mental Health Experiences 12
Lavender_Rose Trouble keeping up with my medication. Mental Health Experiences 12
Z might have got my medication wrong Mental Health Experiences 6
Rocket04 Medication change Mental Health Experiences 2
W going back on an older medication Mental Health Experiences 1
N Medication changed, lowered, and now I get scared really easy Mental Health Experiences 5
B Medication side effects Mental Health Experiences 2
S Medication Mental Health Experiences 1
D Confused about diagnosis and medication Mental Health Experiences 2
soulsearcher what medication are you taking? & what for? Mental Health Experiences 52
I My medication isn't working Mental Health Experiences 11
T Afraid of Medication Mental Health Experiences 1
J Medication resistant depression Mental Health Experiences 1
S Medication?? Mental Health Experiences 1
D Films affect me TOO MUCH to the point of medication Mental Health Experiences 6
M Medication side effects Mental Health Experiences 2
M Can't get medication :/ Mental Health Experiences 2
C How I came out of the Thought Broadcast Delusional Thinking Without Medication. Mental Health Experiences 9
G How does medication make you feel? Mental Health Experiences 14
H Oh dear, a medication mix up Mental Health Experiences 9
F Can I do this without medication? Mental Health Experiences 3
Sparklypurplepaws been put on a new medication...... queries pine Mental Health Experiences 1
NicoretteGummed Do you find that your Penis is affected by your Medication?? Mental Health Experiences 24