• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Stopping Medication is twofold

T

Twylight

I've stopped my medication many times and learnt this;

Firstly i haven't got to take horrible medication

But there's another psychological effect - that I'm cured from this terrifying , miserable,debilitating illness

D

Danage

I've stopped my medication many times and learnt this;

Firstly i haven't got to take horrible medication

But there's another psychological effect - that I'm cured from this terrifying , miserable,debilitating illness
I'm of the opinion that medication is not the be all and end all. I believe that my 'illness' is a parallel universe, that affects the world that I live in, which I do not believe is real. The medication, if I indeed do have psychosis, is not working by the sounds of it. The only reason I take it is so I can get to sleep.

I personally wouldn't stop, even if reality is becoming a blur.

I am a student of Plato, and not Aristotle, and so believe in two realities, this world, which is a shadow of the real world, and the World of the Forms. There are some bad things about my other reality, which is not on par with Plato. It is like a yogurt with bits in. I know kids don't like the bits, generally, so they eat everything else and leave the bits. The bits are the bad bits I don't want, while the majority of it I do want, if you understand what I am saying.

Anyway, with anyone I wouldn't stop, until you are told you can stop. The same with me, except that I may be seriously deluded, so taking medication may help with those delusions. Either way, with me now being on 15mg, I have not heard or seen much since they upped it.

Shalom.

M

maudikie

Twylight.

That's good if it works for you, but take care, and if you feel any adverse effects coming on, see your doctor as soon s possible. Take ca:)re.

justme

justme

Founding Member
If your stopping meds please do not just stop taking them lower the dose and best to do it under supervision of your DR
I have many times stopped and ended up with a section again

good luck

M

maudikie

You sound as sthough you are one of the l ucky ones, but watch out for any signs of feeling ill agin, and should you do so, see your doctor quickly.:)

T

Twylight

That's good if it works for you, but take care, and if you feel any adverse effects coming on, see your doctor as soon s possible. Take ca:)re.

No, No, i'm not stopping mine, I was just explaining the phsycological effects when I've stopped in the past

i've been out of hospital for Two and a half years - which is a record for me, but thanks for your concern