Stopping automatic negative thoughts?

B

BoBbIE37

Sometimes I feel like my mind just doesn’t know how to cooperate with my mood and let me think in a happy way. What I mean is I can be in a good mood and ruin it with stuff like “god I wish I was dead” or facts/memories that bring me shame and emharrasment. I do this all the time. When I’m having fun with people sometimes I just feel the floor drop out and feel worthless for a split second, but in those moments I’ve learned to let it go and get back into the conversation. But when I’m alone I bring up humiliating stuff I’ve done, friendships that were ruined/Ended/toxic and arguments. So I guess the question is what do happy people think? I just can’t compliment myself and don’t know how to do that without feeling ridiculous and that’s a problem I’m working on, making myself acknowledge and be happy. I just am struggling with the wishing I was dead thoughts because they are automatic and obviously depressing and the ancient arguments thing

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I find music helps a lot. I struggle with the same things like memories coming up and humiliating me and generally negative things. I am terrible at it but the intrusive thoughts don't help.

If you try and have as many distractions as you can then I have found this kinda goes some way to stop pondering on these things.

I don't know what happy people think as I have not been happy for a while now :unsure:

F

Fancyharm

I can recommend self help books.

Also look up positive affirmations and read them.

If you are going to feel like you do, you may as well be reading something positive. This will help to 're wire' your brain and I can recommend it throughly.

Please try it, it will work eventually.