• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Stopped meds again

Gail

Gail

Well i have hit one of my i dont need the meds/dont want to take them again/ dont like taking them again spots. Last time i did this i ended up taking a massive overdose in hospital then a psy ward. So why do i do it? Why do i keep doing? I dont know maybe im just trying to hit the self destruct button. Thing is im on respite next week so its going to be a bit hard to hide the fact that im not taking meds. they take them and hand them out, mind you when on section 3 once and in a secure unit i used to put them in my mouth go round the corner spit them out and hide them behind the radiator cover. I can be such a crafty cow at times. T hink i really need to get in touch with cpn and speak to her about it. I know wot she will say .
Does anyone else go thou these patches and how do you persuade yourself to carryon/restart meds. Im intelligent i know its stupid thing to do but i keep doing it :mad::mad:

T

Twylight

You could try taking half the dose - perhaps
that way you'll know if something is , not quite right

M

mad as a hatter

yep i,v done this so often through the yrs and now i,ve made my bipolor a lot worse i do regret that but after a 3 month stay in hospital i decided i wasn,t goin do that ne more so for the last 7 months i,ve been taking them all the time but it,s simply 2 late these one,s not working ne more so i,m having 2 change 2 others 1 simply cause i didn,t think i needed them or thought i wasn,t ill in ne way what i,m tryin 2 say is cause this i,m more ill than i ever was so please try and tk them go c ur cpn i,m sure that,ll help and it,s much better bein at home than in a hospital but there again i know it,s hard i just try ignore these thoughts i,ve got 2 stop taken them i try distract myself in someway not easy either take care

Gail

Gail

Thanks for your reply's. i need to restart them dont wanna end up being 136 or 135 ed again and then being sectioned again(have been sectioned 7 times) cant gothou that again they will do as they did last time and put me in a puluc /secure unit not a nice place to be.

M

mad as a hatter

no there not a nice place 2 be havin been put in the secure ward myself last time i ain,t goin through that again not if i can help it talk 2 some 1 about it

Gail

Gail

Am going to call crisis team tonight and have a chat with them. i need to get this sorted in my head am also so scared about respite being in new place freaking out here badly. Thank goodness its **** on crisis team tonight hes ok
im all over place from depths of depression to feeling manic as hell so i know i have to restart meds. just so mixed
xxxxx

Attachments

M

mad as a hatter

that,s a good idea 2 give the crisis team a call i suffer mixed mood as well the high,s r always good but they always burn themself out eventully then u get hit with that ultimate low they ain,t good u wanna try keep ur self out hospital