• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Stopped meds again

Gail

Gail

Well i have hit one of my i dont need the meds/dont want to take them again/ dont like taking them again spots. Last time i did this i ended up taking a massive overdose in hospital then a psy ward. So why do i do it? Why do i keep doing? I dont know maybe im just trying to hit the self destruct button. Thing is im on respite next week so its going to be a bit hard to hide the fact that im not taking meds. they take them and hand them out, mind you when on section 3 once and in a secure unit i used to put them in my mouth go round the corner spit them out and hide them behind the radiator cover. I can be such a crafty cow at times. T hink i really need to get in touch with cpn and speak to her about it. I know wot she will say .
Does anyone else go thou these patches and how do you persuade yourself to carryon/restart meds. Im intelligent i know its stupid thing to do but i keep doing it :mad::mad:

T

Twylight

You could try taking half the dose - perhaps
that way you'll know if something is , not quite right

M

mad as a hatter

yep i,v done this so often through the yrs and now i,ve made my bipolor a lot worse i do regret that but after a 3 month stay in hospital i decided i wasn,t goin do that ne more so for the last 7 months i,ve been taking them all the time but it,s simply 2 late these one,s not working ne more so i,m having 2 change 2 others 1 simply cause i didn,t think i needed them or thought i wasn,t ill in ne way what i,m tryin 2 say is cause this i,m more ill than i ever was so please try and tk them go c ur cpn i,m sure that,ll help and it,s much better bein at home than in a hospital but there again i know it,s hard i just try ignore these thoughts i,ve got 2 stop taken them i try distract myself in someway not easy either take care

Gail

Gail

Thanks for your reply's. i need to restart them dont wanna end up being 136 or 135 ed again and then being sectioned again(have been sectioned 7 times) cant gothou that again they will do as they did last time and put me in a puluc /secure unit not a nice place to be.

M

mad as a hatter

no there not a nice place 2 be havin been put in the secure ward myself last time i ain,t goin through that again not if i can help it talk 2 some 1 about it

Gail

Gail

Am going to call crisis team tonight and have a chat with them. i need to get this sorted in my head am also so scared about respite being in new place freaking out here badly. Thank goodness its **** on crisis team tonight hes ok
im all over place from depths of depression to feeling manic as hell so i know i have to restart meds. just so mixed
xxxxx

Attachments

M

mad as a hatter

that,s a good idea 2 give the crisis team a call i suffer mixed mood as well the high,s r always good but they always burn themself out eventully then u get hit with that ultimate low they ain,t good u wanna try keep ur self out hospital