Stopped lithium

D

Drowninginemotion

So hi everyone.. I was on lithium fir 16 years and now my kidneys r fucked.. so they tapered me off lithium. Kinda.. supposed to be from 1500mg in 5 weeks..this is the 5th week.. I was suppose to be on 300mg last week and this past Monday off of it completely.. I went down to 300mg last week but then took 600mg.. still taking 600mg.. it’s bad lol.. I feel like I’m drowning in emotions.. I’m crying.. screaming.. crying and then telling myself to get it together. I got this.. it’s just thoughts I can control those so I don’t feel anything.. lol. No I can’t. I’m scared people will commit me.. scared to go outside and people will see me but I don’t feel safe in my home and I want to run away.. to somewhere but when I get there I won’t feel safe either and run again.. I’m a runner lol.. wish I had the body like one.. still taking seroqurel.. 100mg.. down from 300. Don’t know why I’m writing.. never done this before..just I’m scared to tell anyone how I feel cause well I’m sure u all know why!

T

treasurebox

So hi everyone.. I was on lithium fir 16 years and now my kidneys r fucked.. so they tapered me off lithium. Kinda.. supposed to be from 1500mg in 5 weeks..this is the 5th week.. I was suppose to be on 300mg last week and this past Monday off of it completely.. I went down to 300mg last week but then took 600mg.. still taking 600mg.. it’s bad lol.. I feel like I’m drowning in emotions.. I’m crying.. screaming.. crying and then telling myself to get it together. I got this.. it’s just thoughts I can control those so I don’t feel anything.. lol. No I can’t. I’m scared people will commit me.. scared to go outside and people will see me but I don’t feel safe in my home and I want to run away.. to somewhere but when I get there I won’t feel safe either and run again.. I’m a runner lol.. wish I had the body like one.. still taking seroqurel.. 100mg.. down from 300. Don’t know why I’m writing.. never done this before..just I’m scared to tell anyone how I feel cause well I’m sure u all know why!
I have been taking Lithium since 2009. I knew that there would be side effects and so I have been taking herbal natural supplements such as Moringa Oleifera and mangosteen to counter the side effects of Lithium. You may try it too.

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
It’s interesting that you mention mangosteen treasurebox, the local university are doing clinical trials involving treatment with mangosteen for bipolar patients. I’m curious as to the findings of the study.

T

treasurebox

It’s interesting that you mention mangosteen treasurebox, the local university are doing clinical trials involving treatment with mangosteen for bipolar patients. I’m curious as to the findings of the study.
Thank for informing me about the clinical trial on mangosteen.

N

Nina998

I've been on Lithium less than a year and I've already had a lithium toxicacy and my thyroid is fucked up. My daily doze is 900mg with Thyroxin.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

I did read somewhere that even when you get off lithium, if your thyroid has been messed up by the lithium, it will stay that way. So its thyroxine for life.

For those of us in UK with an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) - you are entitled to an exemption certificate and won't have to pay any NHS prescriptions (forms from your GP surgery).

Warrior

Warrior

I was on lithium fir 16 years and now my kidneys r fucked
Good god who ever prescribed the amount was going over the top no wonder you feel like you are..the maximum dose in a day is 900mg-1200mg according to how bad and the patient.:hug:
My daily doze is 900mg with Thyroxin.
Nina I have hypothyroidism and my one gland never worked but apparently it's ok now taking Thyroxine every morning :)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Wow 5 weeks that’s really quick to come off. I would have thought a year at least to taper off. I came off quetiapine because it gave me diabetes but it took 18 months to come off it. Are they putting u on anything else to control your problems

Warrior

Warrior

Wow 5 weeks that’s really quick to come off. I would have thought a year at least to taper off. I came off quetiapine because it gave me diabetes but it took 18 months to come off it. Are they putting u on anything else to control your problems
daffy well said on this because I thought it was way to quick, at least one tablet a month the most because of side affects.

N

Nina998

Good god who ever prescribed the amount was going over the top no wonder you feel like you are..the maximum dose in a day is 900mg-1200mg according to how bad and the patient.:hug:

Nina I have hypothyroidism and my one gland never worked but apparently it's ok now taking Thyroxine every morning :)
I take Thyroxin 100 micrograms in the morning.