Stopped by the police

shaky

shaky

do tell - are you all ENCOURAGING a mentally ill person to go out, test the public obscenity laws, fail, and end up in custody?

because all i ever suggested is OP think twice before doing that.
I thought twice.
I thought: I'm slightly psychotic so I'm going to have some fun :)

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I thought twice.
I thought: I'm slightly psychotic so I'm going to have some fun :)
yeah those yelly bluebottle pricks aren't my idea of fun :(

the guy whose fence i want to vandalise is a right abuser

his house is on a main truckway, right beside a bus stop and a deli and a phone box and a pizza joint

big tin fence

i could get red spray paint and write abusing asshat on it and every man jack would throw their pie at him :)

M

Melchy

The question is (and should be) 'What is one trying to achieve?' (By this behaviour). The OP states that he was feeling slightly psychotic. I'm not sure whether that's a literal use of the word 'psychotic' or a lesser interpretation such as 'playful'. People who are psychotic normally do not realise it, and therefore are liable to act out imagined threats. Being psychotic in public would be grounds enough to be detained.

Anyway, what I find interesting is that the OP wanted conversation. This strikes to the heart of the matter. Had there been a resource to discuss how he was feeling, there's a good chance that he wouldn't have got his bike out, landed up in the hands of the police and then the CMHT, only to get back to where he started.

I was often told to have a number of safety nets in place for if/when I felt I was going off the rails. ie. Things you can do or people you can speak to to help you over the crisis.

In any case, it's best to avoid drawing the attention of the police or certain other professional services. It'll only come back to haunt you.

When In Rome

When In Rome

I was a little bit psychotic last night and went for a bike ride in the nude
My guess is not much could be seen in the dark anyway. Not to worry Shaky, if it was anywhere other than the Disunited Kingdom where they have some kind of Victorian hang-up about the naked form...

now where are those bicycle clips?...

shaky

shaky

The question is (and should be) 'What is one trying to achieve?' (By this behaviour). The OP states that he was feeling slightly psychotic. I'm not sure whether that's a literal use of the word 'psychotic' or a lesser interpretation such as 'playful'. People who are psychotic normally do not realise it, and therefore are liable to act out imagined threats. Being psychotic in public would be grounds enough to be detained.

Anyway, what I find interesting is that the OP wanted conversation. This strikes to the heart of the matter. Had there been a resource to discuss how he was feeling, there's a good chance that he wouldn't have got his bike out, landed up in the hands of the police and then the CMHT, only to get back to where he started.

I was often told to have a number of safety nets in place for if/when I felt I was going off the rails. ie. Things you can do or people you can speak to to help you over the crisis.

In any case, it's best to avoid drawing the attention of the police or certain other professional services. It'll only come back to haunt you.
I am beginning to wonder if what I have considered 'slightly psychostic' might actually be 'slightly manic' - but with schizo-affective disroder, perhaps there's not much distinction.

Safety nets? It would be lovely to have people I could call at 1:30am in the morning - but how can I ring my friends or family at that time when they have lives of their own - anyway - hardly going ring them in the middle of the night because I am feeling GOOD!

When In Rome

When In Rome

Except that here, by statutory law, it isn't. In the UK, public nudity is legal. It's just that most of the public understand and adopt the 'time and a place' method. Naturists use official naturist beaches and on a textile beach you would change using a towel. There is no law that says you must do this and any complainant would need to prove that you did that for the purpose of exposure and self-gratification for there to be any action taken.

Exposure contrary to section 66 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003

This requires a person to intentionally expose their genitals and intend that someone will see them and be caused alarm or distress. It is triable either way. Depending on the age of the defendant and the sentence that is imposed, an offender may be subject to the notification provisions (the sex offender register).

The need to prove that the person exposed their genitals intending that someone will see them and be caused alarm or distress means that a naturist whose intention is limited to going about his or her lawful business naked will not be guilty of this offence.

Nudity in public - guidance on handling cases of Naturism

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

everyones missing the point which is not The Letter of the Law but the fact OP got stopped by police.

He got stopped by police because he was naked in public.

Sure he can probably argue it was dark and no one could see in court, but at the end of the day the Best and Easiest way to avoid coming to Police Attention is to either remain in your house when the Naked desire strikes, or put on a gstring at least so your goolies aren't poking out when they take a good look at you.

If everyone did what they felt like when they felt like it, what would our kids see walking to school?

That's why the police stopped OP. Because he was doing something THEY felt was illegal, and what Police Think Matters.

I find it best to avoid them altogether. A simple scrap of clothing would've prevented all this, or just staying on your own property to Go Nude.

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Except that here, by statutory law, it isn't. In the UK, public nudity is legal. It's just that most of the public understand and adopt the 'time and a place' method. Naturists use official naturist beaches and on a textile beach you would change using a towel. There is no law that says you must do this and any complainant would need to prove that you did that for the purpose of exposure and self-gratification for there to be any action taken.
How come that nudist famously got locked up in the uK? Then when he was released he was arrested straight away again because he was a naturist so was till naked.

How can they define between someone who is naked to annoy/shock people and a naturist?

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Was it worth it, Shakey?

Did you enjoy your nighttime bike ride?

It is not really the weather for it at the moment. I'd be more worried you might be catching a cold.

When In Rome

When In Rome

How come that nudist famously got locked up in the uK? Then when he was released he was arrested straight away again because he was a naturist so was till naked.

How can they define between someone who is naked to annoy/shock people and a naturist?
Hi Tonic - oh you mean that idiot Steven Gough, keeps doing it, keeps getting arrested and locked up, so a good example to use to explain that, as I said before, naturists use official beaches and clubs to enjoy a pastime whereas a few people choose to be blatant and annoy others by practicing where they shouldn't which shows that there is a distinct difference between naturism and exhibitionism.

shaky

shaky

Perhaps you ask them.
Or you consider how, when, where and why they were out naked - how they reacted to people and what they said. - Just with any other decision in law on someone's intent.

shaky

shaky

Was it worth it, Shakey?

Did you enjoy your nighttime bike ride?

It is not really the weather for it at the moment. I'd be more worried you might be catching a cold.
I was enjoying it very much - until the police turned up.
It was a mild evening in October.

shaky

shaky

as I said before, naturists use official beaches and clubs to enjoy a pastime whereas a few people choose to be blatant and annoy others by practicing where they shouldn't which shows that there is a distinct difference between naturism and exhibitionism.
And there is also a whole spectrum of people and behaviour between naturism and exhibitionism.
Most of which is perfectly harmless.

When In Rome

When In Rome

There is? I can't think of a name for these people and what activities they might do.