Stopped by the police

shaky

shaky

I was a little bit psychotic last night and went for a bike ride in the nude - but a cop car came by and they stopped me and in the end I got taken to the Place of Safety in an ambulance.
Eventually I was assessed by 2 doctors and a social worker and sent home in a taxi.

Why can't people leave me alone?
I was just doing it to feel better - I'd had a very hard day.

There's no point to these assessments, the doctros are hopeless at working out what is going on in my mind because when I get into converstaion the craziness calms down and I appear rational. It is conversation that I need to stay sane.
So they send me home and then anything can happen

And they haven't any beds if they did want to take me in - I heard a nurse on the phone about it. It's so stupid this cutting back of beds - people are dying out there.

So I'm home alone again and I can't take the medication because I just can't - I've tried.
Life has to be lived! You only get one.
And sometimes, just sometimes, you feel WONDERFUL!
Then a bloody cop spoils it all. :mad:

P

Pixieb34

Sorry that must have been awful. Have you tried taking a lower dose of the Meds? I hated the high dose but often am less up and down on a low dose. My mental health team said they'd rather I took a smaller dose than none at all. I don't know if you'd want to do that though x

letmein

letmein

really dude why wouldn't they stop you? did you know you were doing it? then if so its you own fault, you can't expect them not to stop you.... ffs :mad:

Chopsy

Chopsy

There's no point to these assessments, the doctros are hopeless at working out what is going on in my mind because when I get into converstaion the craziness calms down and I appear rational. It is conversation that I need to stay sane.
So they send me home and then anything can happen
Hi Shaky,

The last 4 to 5 years at times, this has been what i needed too, 'It is conversation that I need to stay sane.'

i would need people outside of my family home to relate to, this would bring about a re-calibration of sorts & would bring me back to a 'balanced' state, - emotionally, mentally & subtle energy wise.

At times i found the home treatment team people & also visits from my psychiatric nurse crucial to helping me get through those phases.

Were you able to convey to the doctors your need for 'people' help ?

Could you get the support of the home treatment team to help you through this current phase ?

Wishing you well :hug1:

F

fidget

really dude why wouldn't they stop you? did you know you were doing it? then if so its you own fault, you can't expect them not to stop you.... ffs :mad:
that's kinda rude letmein. Being naked in public is not in itself an offence in england. Why shouldn't shakey ride naked if he knows it is what he needs to feel good? The police could have stopped shakey to ask if he was ok and if he wanted assistance and then left him alone when he explained he was fine.

letmein

letmein

wasn't aiming at being rude, was just getting tot he point if you know your doing something which is going to draw attention to yourself then why do it? There's a lot of shit I'd like to do to make me feel good, some legal, some not. But why poke a wasp's nest? Now if "shaky" was unwell and didn't know or wasn't in control then I fully get going for a naked bike ride.

and although not happy it sounds like he was treated well and correctly by the police and they got him to a place of safety.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I'm sorry shaky but publlc nudity is illegal and MI doesn't even get you off murder charges :(

my suggeston - cover them danglers next tme you want to go on a ride.

you could've scared a child or caused a traffic accident :(

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

public nudity isn't illegal in england BDU
public obscenity is and nudity is considered public obscenity, especially while dangling off a moving bike frame one presumes.

that's why people don't run around naked, and why police stopped Shaky.

Are you actually defending this, would you like your next door neighbours to be out walking their dog in front of your kids with their genitalia resting on their thighs in plain view?

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

FWIW I ACTUALLY want to murder someone, but I refrain because I know

1. police will come

2. MI wont get me Excused.

:(

so I live within the Law despite the Homicidal Fantasy.

T

Topcat

Slight difference between murder and seeing the natural human form in public (god forbid)
Comparing the two is ridiculous

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Slight difference between murder and seeing the natural human form in public (god forbid)
Comparing the two is ridiculous
not really because what I am comparing is not the act itself but the CONSEQUENCES

if you don't want to come to the attention of Services, don't bike naked down a city street, don't murder someone.

its the same principle.

Resisting an Impulse because to Not Resist it, is to Beg For Trouble.

pepecat

pepecat

public obscenity is and nudity is considered public obscenity, especially while dangling off a moving bike frame one presumes.
Only if they can prove intent to shock.
So someone deliberately streaking at a football match would fall under the Sexual offences act, but someone on a nudist beach wouldn't. Proving intent to shock is difficult, which is why prosecution is very unusual.

burt tomato

burt tomato

For some people, public nudity is seen as an absolute right. It is as nature intended.

Murder on the other hand is the worst of the human condition. Denying someone their life just because you are upset is pathetic imo.

F

fidget

that's why people don't run around naked, and why police stopped Shaky.

Are you actually defending this, would you like your next door neighbours to be out walking their dog in front of your kids with their genitalia resting on their thighs in plain view?
Do you not get naked bike ride day in Australia then?

Nudity isn't automatically considered public obscenity at all here. There is a big difference.

I don't think bad of the police for stopping Shaky to check he was OK, it is an unusual activity i agree and it is cold so his welfare is paramount. But I don't think it should automatically have triggered a mental health act assessment. It is an arduous and distressing process to be assessed like that and Shaky was only doing what is healthy for him

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

Do you not get naked bike ride day in Australia then?

Nudity isn't automatically considered public obscenity at all here. There is a big difference.

I don't think bad of the police for stopping Shaky to check he was OK, it is an unusual activity i agree and it is cold so his welfare is paramount. But I don't think it should automatically have triggered a mental health act assessment. It is an arduous and distressing process to be assessed like that and Shaky was only doing what is healthy for him
we have nude beaches, one just down the road.

but it is supported by a special exemption in the law. the Public Nudity laws do not exist at these beaches, however the payoff for such freedom is the Public Obscenity Law is intact.

do tell - are you all ENCOURAGING a mentally ill person to go out, test the public obscenity laws, fail, and end up in custody?

because all i ever suggested is OP think twice before doing that.

i WANT to go and vandalise this guys fence, spray paint something foul on it, but I'm refraining because i don't want the police to pull up and say, Whats Going On Here Then. :(