• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Stomach twitching/spasms in lower stomach please help

J

Jtreyo1989

Ok so I have been to the gi doctor a lot now well like three times this month and he said he isn’t worried at all but I am.
When I explain the symptoms I’m having it’s hard to explain please someone help so here is what is going on!!!
So I get these muscle spasms in my lower stomach like they don’t hurt but they go crazy like a baby is kicking me they are happening right now you you can see it it’s very uncomfortable it just starts twitching like crazy and it will do it allll day long it feels like my stomach is about to explode or something it’s in the same spot to it just goes crazy it’s scary and it keeps happening is this colon cancer?? Is it a tumor?? Or a blood vessel about to explode it’s scary I feel like any minute I’m gonna drop dead also
I’m very very gassy all day long I’m also constipated a little and when I do poop it smells really really bad worse than usual but my gi doctor dosent seem worried at all he just says relax and to change my diet he believes it’s my diet am I gonna die what is these spasms?? What are they should I go to the er again ?? I’ve had a lot of test done and they are all normal I’m so so so scared

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Maybe you have a stomach ulcer? How scary to not know what it is. I'm sorry. Maybe you need an upper scope? Good luck on finding out what's wrong and how to treat it. :goodluck: :hug::hug:

B

Bonnie87

Stress related ibs mabye? Peppermint tea. Peppermint cordial? Boiling water cooled down sometimes helps to calm the spasms for me. I had every type of scope with the same symptoms as you and they couldn't find anything either. Here if you want to chat

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Mentioning tea is a good idea. Strong brewed unsweetened Chamomile tea helps my stomach a little. :)

S

SarahG4

I get the same thing. I had some tests run and they are all normal.
Did your GI doc do tests for you?

You could have stool analysis. One is for hidden blood (the test for cancer) and there is another for calprotectin and lactoferrin. Those are for inflammation /infection etc.
If they are all negative that eliminates quite a long list of gut conditions and illnesses.

I get this creepy feeling in my lower belly, and then it swells up. Not painful but uncomfortable because it gives me the creeps. Anxiety kicks in when I feel that. Like an adrenaline feeling and really restless.
I think I have some kind of mild ibs.