• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Stomach problems convinced it’s colon cancer please help ASAP

J

Jtreyo1989

Ok so like the past few months I have been having these crazy stomach pains also my bowels have changed I’m always constipated and when I do poop it’s really weird looking not the usual my stomach is always hurting I’m constantly bloated when I eat just a sandwich I feel like I have eating thanksgiving dinner..
Now a little history I have always had really really bad GERD like really bad I have very bad acid reflux disease so idk if that has something to do with it .
I had a endoscopy done last year in January of 2019 and it was normal but I think that’s just the throat right?? But anyways all I do now is think I’m dying from colon cancer everyday now or stomach cancer I can’t sleep I’m scared I’m depressed ..
Now I haven’t lost weight I actually have gained weight lol I don’t bleed in my poop either .
I don’t have fatigue I’m wired with energy but my stomach is very very messed up does this sound like stomach cancer??
Also I did go to a urgent care last week they took three xrays of my stomach and said it looked normal but the doctor said it’s just an X-ray so that scared me but they did blood work and the xrays and blood work came back normal so she just prescribed me antibiotics and sent me on my way!! And no the antibiotics do not help someone anyone with any knowledge about this please help me respond please

Mario82

Mario82

Hi, I think it could be the GERD yeah, but I am not a professional, like most if not all on here. I had problems with constipation and acid reflux etc when I had my eating disorder because I wasn't eating enough. I am sure you are fine but you could get checked again just to be sure, when it's safe and stuff.

I

indigo6

Youve had enough tests. Im not a dr. Are you sure its not anxiety? or meds? or ibs/d?
Antibiotics will not help your gut flora at all. They will disturb your stomach even more. Be prepared for that.
idk do you have serious health anxiety?
I have heard GERD does mess up the digestive system further on.

J

Jtreyo1989

I have very very severe health anxiety I think I’m dying every single day .. from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep I think I’m dying from everything I have so so so many unexplained symptoms I’m convinced I have lung disease , heart disease , and now colon or stomach cancer...
can anxiety cause stomach problems like this I live in constant fear everyday

I

indigo6

Yes anxiety can cause digestive disturbance. GERD in studies links to IBS. Im trying to give you a little reassurance. Though I shouldnt and Im not a med prof.
Logically...how can you have all these illnesses in reality? You would be a medical mystery.
When did this HA start, what happened sometime before it, what is your age range,

MiracleMan83

MiracleMan83

My dad was going through the same thing recently. The last four weeks, he was having severe stomach pain and wasn't eating. He lost 20 lbs, and I was terrified that he was getting cancer. He went to the ER to get blood work done, and found out he had severe acute anemia and was checked into the hospital for two blood transfusions and platelet installation. For some reason, his acute anemia was causing stomach pain and now his stomach pain is gone after the transfusions. I hope you feel better.

H

Headintheclouds

This sounds like anxiety. I know when I'm anxious, I tend to breathe more shallow and take in more air when I eat. That causes bloating/discomfort. Also, just worrying can cause stomach discomfort/bowel changes due to release of stress hormones.