• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Stimulus Check Question

N

NoOne5

Would it be a good idea to use a stimulus check to pay rent and bills months in advance?

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

In my experience its never a good idea to spend money in advance. You never know what could possibly go wrong. Unless its an emergency its best to wait til you got it in your hand.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Lol just realized I read that wrong ! I thought you were saying pay bills in advance of getting the money, but I read again and see you meant you have the money and want to pay bills in advance.

I think that is a great idea if you're the kind of person who has a problem having extra money and will spend it on nonsense. Paying bills is a great way to spend it.

N

NoOne5

Yeah. It would also assure a roof over my head and no power shut offs and such. Plus I'm considering buying emergency bulk food and water. Plus candles, flashlights eye glass fix kits, even more first aid supplies and extra bedding. I also plan to buy more portable cell phone chargers as well. Never know when I might need them. :peace: :peace:

N

NoOne5

I don't even do overdraft protection or get loans. P.G.E. even rewarded us for always paying our bill on time or even early. They paid our entire P.G.E. bill twice in 2014. One in the winter and one in the summer. No one in my family has even heard of P.G.E. even doing that. Well my family is in debt. But they don't think I can support myself?? They'll never be able to get out of debt. Don't spend money you don't have family! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

N

NoOne5

I yeah. No credit cards either!