• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Stimulant psychosis

J

JustAUser

Hello. I am interested in your episodes of psychosis from stimulants, if you had such. To understand that i am not alone with my paranoid ideas.
My story is simple - 1 year of amphetamines then heavy abuse of methamphetamines.
For about 2 years now i am suffering from paranoid schizophrenia. Hearing voices, my thoughts are being read by other people. They trying to laugh at me. It was making me very angry in the past. Now i am slowly recovering from all of this.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

I’ve experienced this but it was so long ago I don’t remember much of it. But it came with hallucinations and dark voices. I’m glad you’re starting to feel better and you recognize the stimulates as the problem.

take care
Bluejay

J

JustAUser

I’ve experienced this but it was so long ago I don’t remember much of it. But it came with hallucinations and dark voices. I’m glad you’re starting to feel better and you recognize the stimulates as the problem.

take care
Bluejay
Sure stimulants are the problem. Well, was your psychosis hard? How did you cope with your delusional thoughts?

Sure stimulants are the problem. Well, was your psychosis hard? How did you cope with your delusional thoughts?
It’s very hard for me to explain. It’s hard to explain because I had such a horrible psychosis and delusions. I could tell you some of my delusions were off the charts when I was on simulate months. At a young age I was diagnosed with ADHD which caused me to take these medication’s. But as I got older I started abusing these medication’s. They added to my delusions tenfold.

I coped by getting put on better medication. And doing therapy. As well as telling my family of my delusions so they can bring me down when I had psychosis. They would tell me that nothing was real and that I was fine and make me feel comfortable when I was having a psychotic episode. It’s good to have a fallback system went in psychosis meaning I set up multiple recovery avenues for myself such as talking to family therapists and a crisis team.

This is the only reason my delusions broke. And by breaking I may I came out of a delusional state and lifestyle thanks to family friends therapy and medication.

take care
Bluejay

J

JustAUser

It’s very hard for me to explain. It’s hard to explain because I had such a horrible psychosis and delusions. I could tell you some of my delusions were off the charts when I was on simulate months. At a young age I was diagnosed with ADHD which caused me to take these medication’s. But as I got older I started abusing these medication’s. They added to my delusions tenfold.

I coped by getting put on better medication. And doing therapy. As well as telling my family of my delusions so they can bring me down when I had psychosis. They would tell me that nothing was real and that I was fine and make me feel comfortable when I was having a psychotic episode. It’s good to have a fallback system went in psychosis meaning I set up multiple recovery avenues for myself such as talking to family therapists and a crisis team.

This is the only reason my delusions broke. And by breaking I may I came out of a delusional state and lifestyle thanks to family friends therapy and medication.

take care
Bluejay
Thanks. I talked to my parents and friends. Told them my delusional thoughts. Of course they told me that i am crazy and it is not real. But i had so many unexplainable things that happened to me. Just mystical. I cant find explanation for this
Also, What meds were you on to treat your psychosis?

Thanks. I talked to my parents and friends. Told them my delusional thoughts. Of course they told me that i am crazy and it is not real. But i had so many unexplainable things that happened to me. Just mystical. I cant find explanation for this
Also, What meds were you on to treat your psychosis?
Tbh I forget which ones I took but I know it was an anti psychotic that worked. Are u schizophrenic? I am. I still get the chills thinking that some of my delusions ruled my life for so long.

J

JustAUser

Tbh I forget which ones I took but I know it was an anti psychotic that worked. Are u schizophrenic? I am. I still get the chills thinking that some of my delusions ruled my life for so long.
I am on olanzapine for more than a year now. Yeah. It comes out that i am a paranoid schizophrenic...

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

It took me two years to fully recover from years of amphetamine abuse and only then with 2 weekly injections of antipsychotics.

J

JustAUser

It took me two years to fully recover from years of amphetamine abuse and only then with 2 weekly injections of antipsychotics.
Yeah. Amphetamine is very strong drug. What do you mean fully recover? You start to understand that your thoughts were delusional, no voices around?

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

Basically, yes. I still get a lot of residual paranoid thoughts but I can rationalise or use mindfulness to deal with them.

My delusions changed me forever, even though they were just delusional thinking it changed my thought process and patterns for a life time.