• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Still up and it's nearly 4am

D

Debaura500

Why are the nights the worst? Scared of the dark and find it hard to sleep. I'm doing better in the day I wish I had something to relax me like valium but gp isnt prescribing this. Anyone relate?

bpd2020

bpd2020

It sounds like you have had a really tough night. I wonder if you could ask for a more sedating anxiety medication to help you sleep?

A

Albertina_Wanderson

Why is your gp not prescribing it? Ask him to give some other medication that can help you to sleep

D

Debaura500

Gp said because this recent bout of anxiety started a month ago she was saying it may go away with an increase of citalapram to 40mg

E

EclipticNight

Im a bit of an expert on being up all night. I have phase delay sleep disorder, i have not slept at night since i was 12. I go to bed at 5am. Is there something about the dark freaking you out?

D

Debaura500

I wasn't scared of the dark didn't have anxiety until 2012 when I was drug raped. It's really affected my mental health. I don't think about it but subconsciously it's there making me feel so bad.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Not sure if it would help try a night light, I use one and can't sleep without it.
Hugs

D

Dispatch

have you tried melatonin ? or ZzzQuil ?

D

Debaura500

Yes I tried melatonin and it does work but honestly days are a nightmare too. I give up honestly I give up.

D

Dispatch

now don’t give up Deb ... I have anxiety too so relaxing is very important to me. Long story short I looked online and found supplements that help. Magnesium glycinate, L-theanine, ashwagandha KSM-66, vitamin D3 ... these seem to work for me. I also smoke a little weed occasionally during the day which helps break the repeating, anxiety causing thoughts.
Just some things that seem to help me , they may not be right for you but just trying to help 😊.

D

Debaura500

I'm so scared.i can't deal with another day not like this.

D

Debaura500

Thank you dispatch. Ive had enough I don't want to be here shaking like a whippet

D

Dispatch

well you just need to find something that helps you relax. Maybe try the melatonin at a smaller dose during the day to take the edge off but not enough that it puts you asleep ... idk ... also I’m not a doctor so of course it’s always advisable to check with them first 🙂. The main thing is relaxing ... you can do it. 😊

D

Debaura500

I've had enough. I can't deal with ànxiety à day longer.