• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

still struggling with OCD and "doors"

bluelives911

bluelives911

I was here last night in hopes of getting some feedback on my last post , i feel so alone and moronic because i cant seem to control myself with the urges with opening and closing doors and having this need to touch them after they are closed. is this normal. is this going to cause me problems down the road ....i am sick of dealing with my OCD it makes me crazy , my wife notices it and asks me why i do it and i cant give her a straight answer, i feel like i have this simmering boil inside me and im always on edge , when i put the milk away i have to make sure its not touching anything else in the fridge to the point i cant let it go, is this normal because at this point im ready to give up and just deal with the compulsions of "touching and closing of doors" i really need some advice on this i hope this is the right place they talk about , thank you !

Coop

Attachments

R

Rex Smith

Sounds like your OCD controls you quite a bit. Have you told your psychiatrist about how you feel? Sorry I don't have the answer you're looking for.

bluelives911

bluelives911

Sounds like your OCD controls you quite a bit. Have you told your psychiatrist about how you feel? Sorry I don't have the answer you're looking for.
thank you for getting back to me i appreciate it , yes the freakin OCD really affects me and yes i talked with my physiatrist and she has put me on luvox(spell check) for this issue but seeing im a veteran and on a lot of meds she is hesitant to put me on any more meds then im already on as it is .....tell me something if you would how can you tell i struggle with OCD.

P

Purpleplum

Can you tell your wife about It? OCD has such a secretive part. Depression, people can talk about, but OCD seems to be more secretive.

bluelives911

bluelives911

Can you tell your wife about It? OCD has such a secretive part. Depression, people can talk about, but OCD seems to be more secretive.
My wife knows all about the OCD and i do talk with her and i never knew , but it makes sense this is very secretive. thank you for the amazing insight.

bluelives911

bluelives911

Because you say it's making you crazy.
Ill give you an example i lock my doors at the end of my day for the night and almost as soon as i lay down i start to ruminate and obsess about how i think i didn't lock the door(s) and i get up to check and of course they are locked i do this EVERY NIGHT I'm so sick of this animal i call OCD it owns me at times and i hate it because i feel so broken and powerless yet i somehow manage to live my life .....i have good and bad days with OCD but I'm pretty stubborn so i force my way through it.....forgive me for rambling i tend to do this at times..

P

Purpleplum

Ill give you an example i lock my doors at the end of my day for the night and almost as soon as i lay down i start to ruminate and obsess about how i think i didn't lock the door(s) and i get up to check and of course they are locked i do this EVERY NIGHT I'm so sick of this animal i call OCD it owns me at times and i hate it because i feel so broken and powerless yet i somehow manage to live my life .....i have good and bad days with OCD but I'm pretty stubborn so i force my way through it.....forgive me for rambling i tend to do this at times..
Try this... check the door before bed and take a pic of it with your phone. When you get that feeling that it's not locked while you're lying in bed, look at the pick on your phone to assure you.

P

Purpleplum

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's a chronic condition and they don't have a cure. There are even many celebrities that have it. You just can try to control it in order to take the control back from IT. Sometimes it does go away completely, but even then, it comes back.

bluelives911

bluelives911

Try this... check the door before bed and take a pic of it with your phone. When you get that feeling that it's not locked while you're lying in bed, look at the pick on your phone to assure you.
that was so nice of you to say that . maybe ill try it afterall it cant hurt right.Thank you.