Still off work

M

magicman2002

I'm still off work with depression of bipolar. They have started me on lithium but I haven't seen any improvement. Everyone keeps telling me to go back to work but I still don't feel gud I keep having thoughts of being run over and I don't know how long I can resist it. I'm putting on a gud show to everyone but inside I just feel like crying. I don't know what to do anymore

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I totally disagree with the suggestion of going back to work. How can you think of work if you are still feeling so bad? Are you getting any support from your doctor or have you been offered any therapy?

M

magicman2002

Thank you misssadness I have a care coordinator that comes round so I think I will have to tell her I'm not sure what she could do to take away the pain

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am glad you have a care coordinator. Please tell her how you are feeling as she is there to support you.

M

magicman2002

Yes think I will have to mention something Before something happens I keep feeling really teary at the moment wont be seeing her till the second though

Breakingtraining77

Breakingtraining77

Not sure how long you've been on Lith, but it took me a good month a half to "kick in".

M

magicman2002

ive inly been on it for a couple of weeks did it lift your mood ive not noticed any change in my mood at the moment. My care coordinator is coming tomorrow so I'm going to tell her that the really bad thought wont go away and are getting worse

M

magicman2002

my care coordinator came today and they gave me the numbers for the access team just incase I need to ring them over the new year time. ive been thinking about work a lot, I know I'm not ready to go back at the moment but I'm not sure I will ever be ok to go back it is a really stressfull job doing IT support on my own for a building with 600 users and about 300 computers. I'm the main bread winner and I just don't know what to do I know the job makes me ill.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

my care coordinator came today and they gave me the numbers for the access team just incase I need to ring them over the new year time. ive been thinking about work a lot, I know I'm not ready to go back at the moment but I'm not sure I will ever be ok to go back it is a really stressfull job doing IT support on my own for a building with 600 users and about 300 computers. I'm the main bread winner and I just don't know what to do I know the job makes me ill.
Can you find a better job? :eek:

that sounds intense!

M

magicman2002

I wish I could when I was at work I went for 6 jobs, I got interviews for them all but didn't get any of the jobs. I feel so down at the moment its tireing trying to put on a good show for everyone but inside I feel bad. I'm going to see the docs on Thursday as ibe just been for my lithium blood test and they say that there is something wrong with my liver so I'm also worried about the outcome for that. Everything just seams to be against me at the moment. I think I will have to say something to the doctor about the thoughts that I am having, I just don't know how he can do anything to help

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

I wish I could when I was at work I went for 6 jobs, I got interviews for them all but didn't get any of the jobs. I feel so down at the moment its tireing trying to put on a good show for everyone but inside I feel bad. I'm going to see the docs on Thursday as ibe just been for my lithium blood test and they say that there is something wrong with my liver so I'm also worried about the outcome for that. Everything just seams to be against me at the moment. I think I will have to say something to the doctor about the thoughts that I am having, I just don't know how he can do anything to help
Just telling him will help you x

megirl

megirl

I totally agree sounds like work at the moment isn't going to be for the brest. If you still are feeling so unwell it could affect your recovery. I know this sounds like a lifetime but generally anti-depressants or lithium it can take up to six weeks to see result. Yes I am glad you have a care co-ordinater. Tell them everything as thats the best way they can help. If you find it hard remembering things you want to ask your doctor write it down and take that with you so that they get a good picture of what you are going through
x

M

magicman2002

Thank you megirl I'm waiting for the lithium to start to kick in at the moment all I feel is more tired since taking it, I was tired before too with the depression.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sadkittygirl1928 Bipolar Forum 23
P Bipolar Forum 15
Zardos Bipolar Forum 7