• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Still in psychosis

T

Twylight

Hello all
As some of you might remember - lasy July I stopped cannabis and reduced my Olanzepine from 10mg to 6mg
In October I took on a rescue dog
The dog had an eating disorder I was adding cooked mincemeat and Gravy to his solid food - this worked a treat
But the financial stress put me back in psychosis and I went into hospital for 8 days
During this time the dog was neutured, micro chipped and had his paws clipped and re-homed
I'm back on 10 mg of Olanzepine now, but the depression is coming back and i'm sleeping about 10 hours a day
I have a choice now of risking 6mg again
OR going back on Cannabis
What would you do ?
During this recent Psychosis I gave my PC to a neighbour, which is where I am now
It's great , all the local Kids are using it and I've made a lot of friends
I should have another PC in my flat in a week or so
Psychosis - ain't it a Bugger...

iffybob

iffybob

Some what

I can some what understand your prob, I have been using it for about 20 years, so I can sleep , as a general tranquilser when my condition gets bad, and to help with nightmares.

I have had to stop smoking it, cos of lung desease, and ingestion does not seem to have the same effect. and the bad dreams are getting worse .... :(

My GP knew what I was doing, and his 'unofficial' advice was, if it works for you then what choice is there, as he had nothing that he could give me that would work........

So I suppose the question is , what works for you .....?

A

Apotheosis

I have a choice now of risking 6mg again
OR going back on Cannabis
With respect - are these the only choices? I know it's hard. We try one thing, we try another, we look at things one way & then another, & we think that we have exhausted all our options. Difficulties can be seen like a ball - we try 2 or 3 angles to the problem; & get despondent - but there are an inexhaustible amount of angles that can be tried.

T

Twylight

Thanks for your replies

I put this scenario to my support team:

We have the drug companies:

The psychiatrists;

The pharmacists;

The CPN's

The support workers

If drug companies are producing anti-psychotics - which cause no end of problems - and they are doing it for financial gain and NOT for love - them it is Evil
And it doesn't matter how hard the rest of them work - they are all tainted

T

Twylight

I put this scenario to my support team:

We have the drug companies:

The psychiatrists;

The pharmacists;

The CPN's

The support workers

If drug companies are producing anti-psychotics - which cause no end of problems - and they are doing it for financial gain and NOT for love - them it is Evil
And it doesn't matter how hard the rest of them work - they are all tainted
My support worker agreed with me