• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

STILL DEPRESSED.

Blooming

Blooming

I don't know where to put this, in the Corona section, the Depression section or the Anxiety section.

I chose this Depression section, as you can see. I was mildly depressed when the Corona virus hit us. The lockdown has been almost unbearable this spring. Something happened to me in February. A person with a severe Mental disorder, did something to me. It doesn't matter what it was. What matters, however, is that that event triggered an old memory and made me feel worthless and friendless.

The problem now is not what was triggered, if that makes sense. It is about that it is so difficult to to go on in life because of the situation with the Corona virus is still lasting. I know that I will have my second dose of the vaccine in three weeks and be able to live more normally one week after that. But I feel that the Corona situation has robbed me from my full potential to function socially. I forget what to say in ordinary situations and so on. I have been so isolated during the Lock down, that it has put it's marks on me.

It is like as if I use all my inner recourses to keep going, still more or less isolated, and now and then all the desperation and loneliness break through. Some moments ago I felt like as if there was no more breath in me. I even started to cry. I used my asthma spray and took a Valium (not allowed), but at least it calmed me down.

I like to be independent, I have never been anybody's burden. I want that to continue, but so I have these "break through's" of inner tension.

Can anybody identify? I don't want advice, because I already know what works for me. I want to be recognized, to be seen as a normal person with normal reactions to not normal life situations.

Blooming

Blooming

I have to say that I feel really disapointed that nobody was able to for one second step into my shoes and say: "I am not in your situation, but I understand your struggle". :low:

Z

ZechariahElijah

Sorry you've been having a rough time. It's no fun to struggle and Covid just made things worse. Praying things will improve for you.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A 'Sometimes I still sleep on beach, remembering when stars were in reach.' Depression Forum 1
kimidare Still complaining for nothing Depression Forum 5
H Why am i still alive? Depression Forum 10
HappiestSeason I'm in my 30's, I have no more friends and I still live in my parents house ... Depression Forum 9
R Still Not Myself Depression Forum 4
A my mental health can get better but I still have people problems... Depression Forum 6
Jam1990 10 days off Celexa and still dealing with negative side effects Depression Forum 4
A Fancy Carp Depressed, lonely, awkward. Anyone want to just shoot the breeze? Depression Forum 36
I Feeling depressed lost my job Depression Forum 5
FallingLeaves "This could be why you're depressed or anxious" Depression Forum 19
L Depressed for a long time Depression Forum 6
whyoverandover (was mirrorImage123) can’t stand being depressed from ptsd Depression Forum 3
O Feeling more depressed Depression Forum 5
T Suicide attempt = depressed? Depression Forum 2
J I tend to get more depressed at night. Depression Forum 16
K My depressed boyfriend dumped me does he come back? Depression Forum 9
Amelia2020 Feel depressed about how distant and cold my family is Depression Forum 6
I Feel very depressed Depression Forum 21
J Depressed friend ignoring me Depression Forum 6
L Feeling Depressed Depression Forum 5
P I feel so useless and depressed because I can't drive Depression Forum 2
L Depressed partner help Depression Forum 2
T I think my friend is depressed. Depression Forum 7
A Dating someone depressed: What can I do? Depression Forum 3
C Relationship Troubles and Depressed Partner (depressed boyfriend) Depression Forum 1
L My depressed fiancée doesn't want me around anymore. Depression Forum 2
D I just let my problems stay as is and I don't do anything about them... too anxious to do what's needed, too depressed to want to do anything at all Depression Forum 4
S Does anyone have issues sleeping etc when severely depressed? Depression Forum 3
S Need some advice about a man with depression (I am depressed too) Depression Forum 12
L Depressed Depression Forum 7
L Depressed as can't make friends and people keep ghosting me. Why? Depression Forum 9
L Depressed and so anxious about my current job situation Depression Forum 10
DistantOcean What songs resonate with your depressed feelings? Depression Forum 7
L Very Depressed Depression Forum 5
R My work and home life is making me depressed. Advice please. Depression Forum 2
C What are your passions and hobbies that you turn to when you're depressed? Depression Forum 23
E I'm feeling severely depressed and it's not waning Depression Forum 9
N I am depressed Depression Forum 1
M Waking up depressed Depression Forum 5
C Blood test to measure if we are depressed Depression Forum 10
S Middle-aged and depressed Depression Forum 21
L Depressed Sad Alone Depression Forum 9
S Depressed no confidence or hope in life. Depression Forum 6
MrBond007 Depressed, love-sick and hungover. Depression Forum 2
C Is my depressed boyfriend going to leave me? Depression Forum 13
S Getting more depressed every day. Depression Forum 8
M How old are you and why are you depressed ? Depression Forum 39
L Depressed partner- seeking advice Depression Forum 5