• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Still believe I’m dying please help ASAP

J

Jtreyo1989

Ok so even though I was cleared multiple times last year and was told noting at all is wrong with my heart I definitely don’t believe it
I still get these crazy chest pains and heart palpitations and skipped beats and flip flopping all in my chest also randomly I get hard to breath especially during work or after I eat
And now I’m just laying in bed and boom my heart isn’t racing it’s beating all weird and it’s hard for me to breath like for no reason at all
Earlier today at work I was working and I couldn’t breath again and then I was getting these strange chest pains like not normal ones they was like a gas pains spreading through my whole entire chest it wasn’t localized pain but once I sat down and calmed myself down it went away
I want to run to the er again like I always do but they always say the same thing do you all think this is heart disease is these pains I’m experiencing angina heart related I’m so so so so so so scare but I’m tired now of winning to the er all the time this is ruining my entire life I spend more time in the er than I do with my own kids
I live everyday of my thinking thinking I have colon cancer and heart disease and copd I can’t live I feel like I’m dying right now I’m so scared

J

Jazzmine84

Do you have a family doctor you can take an appointment with? Because if the ER did in fact test your heart multiple times and didn’t find anything, a family doctor might be able to explain why you’re having those chest pain.

I will go on a limb here and assume since you’re writting on an anxiety forum that you’ve already been diagnose with such or that it was at least suspected. Not every form of anxiety has a clear cause and not every stress leads to an anxiety attack. With that in mind, everything that you’re describing could be explained by anxiety.

I don’t deny that what you’re experiencing is scary, especially if you don’t understand why your body is acting like that. Most people think anxiety and stress is the same, but it’s not. Unlike stress, your body does’nt even need a logical reason to feel anxious and all that internal panic is not only stressing your mind, but your body too. Its normal to have your heart beat faster, stronger and even feeling like its irrigular at times. Your breathing would logically also follow. As well as some involuntary tension in your muscles. When your body live with that panic long or intensenly enough, it start to cramps and gets fatigue. Cramps in the thoraxic region would feel just like angina.

On the bright side, I’m pretty confident you’re not dying. You can still see a doctor and request some additionnal tests, just to be on the safe side, but also because a doctor can help treat the anxiety and can offer suggestions has to what to do when you feel like you’re dying.

I hope that helped.

T

tasteslikemedicine

I have been going thru the same thing. I agree with jazzmine about seeing a doctor. The ER is for fixing the "right here, right now" but a doctor appt would help get down to the root of the problem. If the ER says youre okay, I'm confident it's nothing life threatening. Anxiety creates some crazy stuff going on in your body.

I just applied for medicaid, I don't see a doctor because I'm uninsured but the physical symptoms have been so scary I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get an appointment lol. I strongly recommend that as well. If you have seen a doctor, or if you end up going and still have these feelings, then you know it's a problem mentally and not physically. doesn't make it any less scary, I know. But it will hopefully make it easier to deal with. I wish you the best

W

WhatSarahSaid

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Panic attacks will literally make you feel like you're dying, even though you're not. They cause scary physical symptoms. It took me many years to not feel like I was dying every time I got an attack.

You should talk to your primary doctor, and tell them about your symptoms. Don't go back to the ER if they're the same symptoms, as you need someone who can follow what you're going through. Your doctor should recognize these symptoms as anxiety/panic related. I'm so sorry again, I remember how scary panic attacks were when I started getting them, it was awful. Feel free to message me if you like <3

J

jamraspberry

You are not alone @Jtreyo1989 , I still have my sick notes when I had chest pains from work. I was so stressed and I had severe anxiety at work. Panic attacks were happening regularly, I had to draw art after work to cope. I was a past essential worker but I quit this, too much stress to my mind, body and spirit, even my doctor was concerned of me. I had nervous breakdowns.

I would advise to do something creative like art to cope, you don't have to be the best artist, just draw anything like a mountain or something. If you can order some clay and paints, you can make little bowls or plates. It kind of helped me.

J

Jtreyo1989

Well I have seen a doctor even two different cardiologist and they ran stress test and had me wear holter monitors and still not better they both said they found nothing ..
Also that was a year ago so do you think I could have developed heart disease after that so do you think I should go back?? I’m so scared I’m at work now deciding if I should go to the er cuz I can’t breath for no reason at all

T

TheWonderfOz

Ok so even though I was cleared multiple times last year and was told noting at all is wrong with my heart I definitely don’t believe it
I still get these crazy chest pains and heart palpitations and skipped beats and flip flopping all in my chest also randomly I get hard to breath especially during work or after I eat
And now I’m just laying in bed and boom my heart isn’t racing it’s beating all weird and it’s hard for me to breath like for no reason at all
Earlier today at work I was working and I couldn’t breath again and then I was getting these strange chest pains like not normal ones they was like a gas pains spreading through my whole entire chest it wasn’t localized pain but once I sat down and calmed myself down it went away
I want to run to the er again like I always do but they always say the same thing do you all think this is heart disease is these pains I’m experiencing angina heart related I’m so so so so so so scare but I’m tired now of winning to the er all the time this is ruining my entire life I spend more time in the er than I do with my own kids
I live everyday of my thinking thinking I have colon cancer and heart disease and copd I can’t live I feel like I’m dying right now I’m so scared
If you go to the doctor you can avoid Death so go.

J

jamraspberry

Well I have seen a doctor even two different cardiologist and they ran stress test and had me wear holter monitors and still not better they both said they found nothing ..
Also that was a year ago so do you think I could have developed heart disease after that so do you think I should go back?? I’m so scared I’m at work now deciding if I should go to the er cuz I can’t breath for no reason at all
How long have you been feeling like you can't breathe?

Faith198

Faith198

I promise you nothing is wrong. I have all these same feelings and I have went through a lot of tests and had the same thing said to me. I have what you call PVC’s and it is actually a normal thing some people get. Anxiety can also cause those feelings or some certain medications you’re on. I would talk with your doctor about an anti anxiety medication maybe. I hope you feel better

Faith198

Faith198

Also having a stress test rules out a lot and the fact your stress test came out well is a great sign

J

Jtreyo1989

But I had these tests last year so are they still good or should I get them again?? If they was good last year shouldn’t they still be good today??

Faith198

Faith198

But I had these tests last year so are they still good or should I get them again?? If they was good last year shouldn’t they still be good today??
yes they’re still good :)

J

Jtreyo1989

How long are test like that usually good for?? And I just posted another thing in so scared about please go read and tell me what you think?

Faith198

Faith198

How long are test like that usually good for?? And I just posted another thing in so scared about please go read and tell me what you think?
well they’re good for a while, since you had it done recently. Like I said with the stress test, it really rules out just about everything and when I had it done and passed, I felt so much better. It can detect lots of things so if you passed your heart is in great shape.

Faith198

Faith198

I know how easy it is to get caught up in the physical symptoms though. I have pretty bad health anxiety sometimes. I use to obsess over my heart and it turns out nothing was wrong. It was just occasional palpitations which is normal in a lot of people. I hope it makes you feel better