• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Stepping on eggshells between family members

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see if any of you also have the same situation as me. I have older siblings which come from my dads first marriage. Which caused a rift between my mom and them, I love my older siblings and have always treated them as my siblings and they treat me the same. Many of my hobbies and what I like it's because of my older siblings influence on me when I was a child.

I have the trouble that my mom don't like them and my little brother don't want to spend time with them, I think my little brother also don't like them that much. While my older siblings hated my mom, even though it have calmed down a bit between them over the years. The reason for the rift between my other siblings and my mom is mostly caused by my mom. She wasn't really the easiest person to handle in the past.

So I can understand why my older siblings still keep a distance to my mom and I'm quite sure they didn't like her back then. Most of my older siblings have the rift become smaller except for one of them, which make them to have no problem being in the same room. But it still becomes a bit like I'm stepping on eggshells sometimes, trying to not tip the scale in the family.

I'm quite sure I will make the scale tip over next week, when I buy a birthday present to one of my older brothers.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi x i have never experienced that ,im sorry you go through this it sounds hard
i hope your brothers birthday goes well ,love Lu x

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
hi x i have never experienced that ,im sorry you go through this it sounds hard
i hope your brothers birthday goes well ,love Lu x
Thanks Lu, I will still buy my brother a present. Haven’t really celebrated his birthday since I was a child because of always trying to not tip the scale over.

At least I think it’s worth giving a present because he have also become an police officer now. Which have always been his dream 😊