• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

steering by the diagnosis

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my old gp retired, i started with a new gp, now she's working part time and is difficult to see the dr i could have a telephone appt with may have been there a long time but doesn't know me, she'll just put me in the schitzoprenia box with all the assumptions that go with it

it's the same with the housing officer he's been there months but i've never met him or spoken to him

i do think i'm not your average schitzo, taken drugs out of hospital 40 yrs no carer live alone, no support,

i'm crazier than your average lunatic

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
They will probably just ignore you anyway

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
, i had an assessment just before coronavirus after a lot of chasing up i got the paperwork, if i'm suicidal i can phone them or present at a and e, i don't see much point contacting someone who doesn't know me from adam, they also said my case would be reviewed in 6 months time possibly by gp

i was thinking of asking if i could go into a home, it may occur to them it'd be cheaper to provide support but what do i want, anyway do i want to go into a home, i've heard stories

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just had another argument with my neighbour anyone she talks to about it she only has to mention my schitzo diagnosis and it'll colour their judgement, they'll think nothing of it just take it for granted, i find it annoying and think if they behaved that way towards a black man it'd be called racism

i'm so tired of it