• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Steam

S

Starbright

Just letting off steam.

I just found I don't have a repeat prescription when I thought I did.

It's going to take an extra 2 days to get it because I have to apply to my surgery.

I tried the chemists to ask if I'd accidentally left it there but I got this really stupid woman who didn't answer the questions I asked. I said 'did I leave my repeat prescription there' and she said 'if you want a repeat prescription, you need to visit us and leave your name and address and we'll contact the surgery for you'. So I said, ok, I'll bear that in mind, but did I leave my last one with you?' she said 'if you visit us tomorrow we can put in an application for one'. What is it with some people not answering the bloody question?

Anyway so I've applied to the surgery for one and it's going to take two days so that's Thursday and then I have to put it in for the actual prescription and that will take over the weekend and then I'll pick it up on Monday and get the drugs hopefully - but my last drug I take on Tuesday so it's cutting it really fine.

If you take medication for life then there is quite a high likelihood that you will not always manage to get it in time for when you run out. It is quite easy to accidentally run out. But what is the system for this at the surgery? They don't care. They're not willing to contact the doctor for you or do anything as an emergency measure. IT doesn't matter that your life is in danger if you run out, they don't care. Their procedures are more important than your safety. It makes me really cross. Why can't they have a list of patients who if they say 'I'm about to run out of my drugs' will get priority treatment? Oh no, that thinks too much of the patient. They only want to think about the surgery staff being inconvenienced.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

S

Starbright

Someone on this forum said that all GP surgerys have to offer an emergency prescription service so that's the answer and also I've found that I can get my meds by Thursday so that's much better and I'm now no longer stressed.
Sorry to have pannicked!! (y)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
What a coincidence - I'm having prescription problems as well.

I've officially run out of meds but this is all my own fault being so disorganised and I having to get my prescription every two weeks... just comes around too quickly for my dull brain. So I've handed in my prescription request this evening and hope to pick it up tomorrow (though the surgery do suggest 48 hours) so I'll only be without for 24hours. I don't know what the half life (is that the right phrase to use, I normally associate it with radioactive material) for the meds are though.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Hi Honey
If its venlafaxine or venlafaxine xr which I have a feeling you've mentioned before somewhere it has a short half life can can have a severe discontinuation syndrome so I would ring up the surgery fore an emergency appointment//phone call from a GP to definately get it tomorrow morning.
KP

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I am now allowed 14 tabs on my presciption..Whoop Whoop! However the chemist has only given me 13 and the psych increased my dose... Have run out completly for the first time! Should get them tomorrow....!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi KP, thanks for your message - you do have a good memory!

I have a secret stash of Venlafaxine due to overprescription that I was keeping for a rainy day. I'll dip into that and the other meds can wait until tomorrow. The other main one is the lithium and I'm just assuming that I'll survive missing a dose.

Hi Intelgal - you down to a 14 day prescription now as well? It's amazing how quickly it comes around. My friend suggested I should ask for a depot.

J

jamesdean

hi honey hope u can survive ok until u get meds x jd
ps also starbright hope u r ok aswell jd

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Okay so far - I'll see if I have any massive mood swings this this afternoon! Hope to pick up my prescription this afternoon.

S

Starbright

Yeah I should be ok. Apparently I can get my prescription Thursday. I don't run out till Tuesday. It should be ok.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Grrr - missed the docs and chemists today... will be another 24 hours!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Thanks Starbright!

Well - success at last, I've got my meds!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there,

Wow - I was so tired this morning, slept for longer last night than normal and then fell asleep at the resource centre this morning on a number of occasions - cue major embarassment, the only difference is the meds as far as I can see. Otherwise I'm not doing too badly, some fleeting thoughts of SH etc. but nothing too strong. So, ok I think. How about you, have you got your meds yet?