• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Stealing my words

A

Affective

Sometimes people, recently, are having trouble understanding me when I communicate verbally. I think outside forces are stealing every other word from my head to make me look a fool :(. They're the same people are watching me and stopping from going out alone, they've bugged my mobile phone, so I've turned it off.

Star-28

Star-28

i know what you mean affective. Everybody at my other job looks at me like im an idiot everytime i say something. i dont know whats going on. im glad i have this new job where im alone and only deal with two people instead of being in a loud ass restaurant er!!!

R

rasselas

I get these negative feedback loops often, but have learnt to control them, mostly, to rationalise them in a way that does me the least harm.

If you are overly self-conscious and socially anxious it becomes increasingly difficult to talk freely and naturally. If you then attribute the cause of the problem to external factors, rather than your own natural thinking processes, you add another layer of anxiety and so effectively you will anticipate an effect before an event and then make it happen. this then gives you the impression that the paranoid explanation has been evidenced. and on it goes.

It's a horrible experience to be caught up in all this. and i know how it can drive you into solitude. it's emotionally overwhelming.

even though I've explored and analysed these processes very deeply, I still get them - although the more strssed out and overloaded I am, the worse they become and harder to control.

i'm sorry you are going through this. i'm not telling you how to think, just offering an alternative point of view.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i know its so irritating:rolleyes: i found someones diog the other day and phoned the lady to pick it up she came and i blurted out something and she just looked at me and didnt engage it made me feel like a non person, the trick is to try not to care what they think! diddy