• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

staying in is the new going out

T

thefool

Aaargh, i'm sick of not being able to go out, other than to go to work and was wondering if there are groups like AA for agoraphopes, social phobes BDD sufferers and the like.
But then i thought, surely nobody would go!
Sadly I'll be sacked if i go for treatment, so how on earth can i start to fix it myself when going out in public makes me feel sick?
a chat site would be ok i guess but i don't want to spend another twenty years behind the curtains.

yours puzzledly
The Fool

M

MICHAEL1

Not quite sure, what you mean when u say you will get sacked if you go out! Must say, whatever you do pls learn to put yourself first and learn not to care what people say or think, in some cases you might have to damn the consequences! Staying in will certainly get you nowhere, you must face the world.

Good luck

S

skyblue

www.anxietyuk.org.uk/selfhelpgroups.php?rid=12

Hope this helps.

I went along to an Anxiety Group advertised here afew times and I found it very helpful. Everybody there was very understanding, you won't feel out of place. Unfortunately, due to the time of the group and having a young family I couldn't attend anymore, which was ashame,.. else I would have carried on going.

Hope there's one near to you.

:flowers: