Staying Fit While We're .....

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

F**ked, in the head, basically :redface:

What ye reckon ....?

Ye know what it's like. Ye get PTSD. Ye whole existence gets sucked into ye own head. Ye end up in a corner, wishing everything outside ye corner would leave ye the f**k alone.

Did ye know that Rabies ~ of all things ~ is also known as " The Running Disease " ? That's because the animal ~ not having access to anyone capable of telling it WTF is going on, simply follows its instinct, and tries to run away from the shit going on in it's head.

Did You run? I know I sure as hell did. Away from the place I got it. Then just plain away from People. I now live, as pretty much a recluse, in the middle of nowhere.

I go into town, for a few hours, once a week. Half those hours I probably spend wandering from my base, in the pub, to various shops and back. More exercise than I get in a week then :rolleyes:

But, what about the Rest of my week? Largely sat here. Getting older. Waiting for my Heart Attack!

Cardiac Arrest doesn't bother me. Death doesn't bother me. (Yeah; F**king rich, coming from a guy who's in the state he is now, because he thought he was just about to Die! :doh:) But, really; It's my Dogs. I love them more than life itself. If I die .....

So; Treadmill of life?

What ye reckon? I Do know ye shouldn't exercise first thing! Hell no! Up at seven thirty? F**k yeself around? Dead by ten thirty! F**k That!

I just read that little bursts are better too. Five minutes, here and there. Rather than a one off, daily marathon.

I'm seriously considering getting a treadmill. I could put a decent track on You Tube. Drag my mill over. Walk in time to the music as I look at the screen. What's to not like about that?

Do it while the kettle boils. The dinner micro waves. The Dogs eat their dinners. All those times we'd other wise just stand around.

And, let's face it; We DO 'stand around', don't we? Preoccupation of the head slows the body down. We stay at home. How many of ye longer termmers are relating to what I'm saying here, eh?

F**k this! I used to be physically active as all hell! I'd basically drag my Dog all over the place, miles and miles, just going about my day to day peregrinations through the city. Dog was Ripped! Couldn't have been bad myself.

Now? No where to go. Got a computer and a beer gut. Dogs drag me up the f**king track and back. Four hundred yards. That's me for the day.

F**k this. I have a clutcher just waiting in the queue to reach me! Tread Mill? Rowing machines are for c***s and rowers. Exercise Bike? Get a f**king bike! Go somewhere!

What ye reckon? I'm getting too much like Elvis. I'd rather be back to :dance:

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I dunno, I use an exercise bike at the gym, I'd be scared to cycle round here.

Rabies, hmm, don't get me started on that one. I have a special interest in it. Hydrophobia and all that.

There was an advert where the guy got a treadmill and then let his dogs exercise on that.

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

I remember that advert! Dog running the mill while he gets his feet up in front of the TV! :D

Some people use a proper tread mill for their Dogs. Made for them. I had a mate once who kept Pit Bull's. One he had wasn't interested in running the mill at all. It just stood on it.

So, like ye do, he just tried to think of some way to get it going. Looking round, he saw the broom. So, he wiggled the bristly end at the Dog. After a bit of shaking and goading, the Dog copped the needle with the broom and came after it like a train!

Great; The Dog was now running the mill :)

Only trouble was; He could never again sweep the damn things kennel out! :LOL:

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

:eek::eek::eek: " Can ye ring me back in half an hour? I'm not at home right now. "

33572835.jpg

She's twenty minutes away from me! TAXI!!! :clap:

Grass don't get to grow under Chris's boots, people!

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

It's here, with me! Now I can be found dead, slumped across it! :LOL:

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
what is? the treadmill?

You could get yourself a giant hamster wheel instead. There was this Doctor Who audio about giant rats, and in order to keep himself alive, Turlough had to run on a hamster wheel endlessly for hours, well it was probably a rat wheel there were no hamsters in the story

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

Treadmill is Hell On Earth, TC! :scared: I just did three and a half minutes on it. Then decided going for the four would probably kill me! But, that just shows how badly I need the exercise, look. I'm a slob! :redface:

In my own defence though, I must say, it's like walking at a cracking old pace up a pretty steep track! Christ! This isn't like bowling down main street. It makes ye 'double' and it's pitched at a fair old slope.

A couple or so years back, I packed in smoking. After forty odd years bang at it. In no time at all, I was marching up the track in record times. Breathing in so much oxygen, cows were passing out in the meadows around me!

Now? I have a discernible beer gut and am most at home in this chair. Well, f**ked if I'm going to survive all I went through. Come out of it smelling of roses. Then just sit here and f**king drink myself to death!

No. I have my tread mill now. As I said in my first post, " I could put a decent track on You Tube. Drag my mill over. Walk in time to the music as I look at the screen. What's to not like about that? " ~ apart from the pounding temples. The heaving, hurting chest. The legs turned to rubber :unsure:

Maybe I should set the web cam up and record myself? Death by Dire Straits. Killed to the Kinks. Lethally listening to Lindisfarne. F**ked to 'Floyd. Catatonia induced cardiac. I could become a You Tube legend after my own life time! :dance:

Interesting times ahead.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
you should have got yourself a cross trainer instead, works more muscles

though i can see your dogs having a hard time reaching the arm levers, even on their hind legs

Chris Walken

Chris Walken

Jesus christ, TC! Today, at 16:00, I put the Dire Straits, " Sultans of Swing ", OGW film on. I'd guestimate that's around the five minute mark? And, as it started playing, so I started treading.

F**k Me!!! By the time they'd ~ so thankfully! ~ STFU, my legs were aching. My chest was shot. Even my brain was frying! I felt like I'd gone up six flights of stairs, in a hurry!

But, here's the kicker, look; It's Sunday. We don't even go up the track, on Sundays. Truth to tell? Had I not trod that mill today? I'd have got out of bed. Onto this chair. Gone back to bed.

I'm basically like an office worker then, who drives to work. Sits on his arse all day. Drives home and sits on a sofa or at a computer. When the hell did I become this?! :scared:

Tomorrow then; I walk the Dogs. Then, later on, I walk myself.

Don't really envisage me ever buying trainers and sweat bands. But, at least I'll soon be getting twice as much exercise as I was yesterday! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1