Stay Strong

A

AR1

The hardest thing for me to do, is stay strong when the voices feel like they've gained most of the control. But, I know I am the one who is in charge. Sometimes it's difficult to take the lead. It's very important to know yourself and to trust your judgement. I try my very best to not let the voices take away how I truly feel. I will continue to stay positive.

calypso

calypso

Admin
You are a very impressive person to be able to do that. Not everyone can remain strong in the face of voices who want to destroy a person. Thank you for your post.

S

Super_cobra90

I find it helps if you don't perceive voices as a psychotic symptom. From this perspective you're a passive entity that is being bombarded with an unknown force. I find it helps to perceive them as a relationship. Now when the dynamics between you are brought in line with human relationship dynamics, then pertinent factors such as self esteem and confidence and all the normal personal variables that give a person the balance to deal with real people are also pertinent factors in psychotic auditory hallucination.

If you want a decent start point for a productive demeanour for dealing with a social group where you aren't liked or popular, rent an American Teen movie, and study the Jock bully that is a dick to everyone. That guy probably doesn't list depression as big problem.

I mean you look at the reasons for his behaviour. It's because he is in the middle of a very brutal social competition. Social order is dictated by strength, dominance. These are seriously useful when you are in a context where you are perpetually insulted. There are social parallels with regards to emotional processing. Which is a separate issue to psychotic symptoms. It doesn't matter if a voice told you you were fat, or a friend. Emotionally, it's potentially the same fucking thing. Although that isn't the case because the weight of an opinion is relative to it's speakers significance to you.