• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

State sectioning....

J

jagza

Hi

Following my other post in schizopherina, my partner was sectioned after a car accident by his mother ( after a demand by the hospital ) which went to court ( neither my boyfriend or his mother were informed ) and since 5 weeks the state has sectioned him. He needed treatment as he was manic following lots of stress from work and house moving... but for about 2 weeks now, he seems much better, talking etc, he is still on meds, and still in isolation - why is anyones guess.... he can have his mobile and is free to walk around the hospital, but there is nothing to do... none of the drs have given him any hope of getting out, they just seem to ply him with meds and leave him.... I went to see him yesterday, and before I arrived he decided he needed chocolate and a coca cola so took himself off to the local supermarket ! Only to have the police bring him back ! Like he is a prisoner ! The dr told me that I couldnt see him as he had been "naughty" ! Well I did finally manage to see him and he told me he is sooooo bored and needs to get out.. I asked the dr is it was possible for him to have something to look forward to.. ie an afternoon out with me and he said the adminisration was very complicated and they didnt have the staff to fill in the forms ! Is this normal ? I feel he needs stimulation and hes certainly not getting it in hospital ( he is very bright ) and in fact the longer he stays in the more dangerous for his mental health.. can I get an indepentant dr to review the case? Who do I talk to ? Thanks for any answers x

J

jagza

Hi Nikita,

No not in the UK, but in France, and it seems that there is nothing here to appeal ! BUT, having just got back from the hospital, everything I had said yesterday had been taken into account and he is being let out for 2 hours on Saturday and if that goes well, he can spend the day at home with us on Sunday... then we will take it from there ! Strange how suddenly we managed to get a authorised outing within the space of 24 hours when I kicked up a fuss !!! Fingers crossed now that nothing happens between now and saturday ! xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Mental Health Act - Being Sectioned 1