• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

starving or bingeing-trying to find a balance, looking for support

L

lemonvoorhees

Hi, I'm new to this. I'm either starving myself by watching/ listening to things that trigger me or, like today, practically eat myself into a food coma. I'm 20. I've never struggled with weight or body issues ever but now it's getting so intense.

I'm thinking about blogging or journaling to help cope? I feel so alone in this, seeing a nutritionist next week to help but wanted to be apart of a group for extra support. I don't have many friends since covid and I hope to make some through this. I felt so guilty after bingeing today, I just want some balance. I want to eat normally.

O

Orangeade

Hi, I'm new to this. I'm either starving myself by watching/ listening to things that trigger me or, like today, practically eat myself into a food coma. I'm 20. I've never struggled with weight or body issues ever but now it's getting so intense.

I'm thinking about blogging or journaling to help cope? I feel so alone in this, seeing a nutritionist next week to help but wanted to be apart of a group for extra support. I don't have many friends since covid and I hope to make some through this. I felt so guilty after bingeing today, I just want some balance. I want to eat normally.
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing! Im sorry to hear you’re struggling! I know some people here who also suffer with this, so im hoping they can be a help to you. I journal on here and i find it to be a great help! Hoping we can offer friendship! Sending you love x good luck with your nutritionalist

4LeafClover

4LeafClover

@lemonvoorhees I completely understand where you are coming from as I have the same issues myself. It’s very hard for me to achieve a healthy in between, it’s either restriction or binging. I know it’s a tough journey and I really hope you can get the help from your dietitian. I’m sending my love and health your way. Always message me anytime if you need a likeminded person to talk to because I truly understand what this is like:)

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Staff member
Admin
Hi,
Welcome to the forum, you are very brave sharing your story.
We have a journals section, where you could start a thread.
I hope it will benefit you and others.
Please talk to your dr they might be able to refer you for help to.
Hugs

J

jamraspberry

@lemonvoorhees I'm same like you. I just binged like an hour ago, I felt like I was going crazy or psycho like maniac depression, I wanted to scream, so I just ate my feelings really, it calmed me down. Usually I would eat little or nothing in front of others but alone by myself I would eat a lot. I spoke to my doctor yesterday and told her I am having rapid weight gain, it's not only my bingeing because I do this like only 1 to 3 times a month or whenever I get crazy depressed, then I starve a bit, so I don't eat loads all the time. I get rapid weight gain due to my steroid meds mainly.