• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Starting to understand what happened to me and find healing in my religious beliefs

F

Faith7

Hi everyone I just wrote about my experience you can find it in the forum that is titled hearing voices under schizophrenia. I wrote a reply to Kats. I'm finding healing in the fact that we're not alone on here that everyone has suffered in some way with mental health issues especially hearing voices. I can really understand people when they say about hearing voices. It seems real I know but once you find a tablet that works for you it becomes clearer and talking here really helps for me. In the beginning I thought everything I was hearing feeling was real and that the doctors wanted me to take tablets coz they hated me wanted to hurt me and didn't believe me. But now I can see from a different perspective. They were trying to help me. Regardless of what was real and what was not, my voices I was hearing were damaging to my life my beliefs and my morals. I feel healed to know it wasn't my fault what I did that God is forgiving and wants to heal my pain and that no matter your belief love is a powerfull thing in knowing we are not alone we are all healing to each other because we don't judge one another. In that forgiveness from others we can then heal our selves and feel more self worth. I hope I can help others who are reading this.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Religion tormented me. It made me so phobic and hateful to people of other religions. I hated atheists.I felt like Hell bound people deserved to go to Hell forever. I was a horrible verbally abusive person to others who mocked my religion. I can't get into every detail as it is traumatizing but it was horrible. I'll just say this, I saw and heard God himself and it was NOT pretty. But there I'll stop right here.

I am a better person after leaving religion behind.

Sorry you suffer with voices. I just hope they don't keep you awake at night sometimes. Years ago I had horrid voices yelling at me keeping me up at night.
:hug: :hug:

F

Faith7

It's ok everyone has had a different experience with things. Whatever helps you. I can understand but it helps me to think that there is healing in God's love rather than being haunted by my past with the voices etc. No the voices don't keep me awake at night thank goodness which is good. I don't hate anyone for believing or not believing. I'm sorry for your experiences as well. Hug

F

Faith7

I've thought about a few times about leaving my religion and faith behind but I find that doesn't help me. I just kept getting voices about the past blaming me but now I can see that God forgives me and wants me to move on so I think sometimes it is possible to have faith at same time as trying to move on from traumatic stuff. It's like creating something beautiful out of bad stuff.

one light

one light

With unwanted voices - sometimes it can help to override the words by saying in your mind the word love or light...

one light

one light

Thank you Faith7 - these are also 'high vibrational energy' words for better health - 'lovely gorgeous beautiful light' - or 'peace joy and happiness' - or similar high vibes energy words. i have researched self healing and power of the mind - these are good words to recite late evening a few times, help you to become stronger in mind...

F

Faith7

Thank you Faith7 - these are also 'high vibrational energy' words for better health - 'lovely gorgeous beautiful light' - or 'peace joy and happiness' - or similar high vibes energy words. i have researched self healing and power of the mind - these are good words to recite late evening a few times, help you to become stronger in mind...
Oh thank you so much. It does seem to work as well wish someone had told me this before ☺

one light

one light

i'm so pleased about that - sometimes the simple things are the best aren't they... i messaged someone on here recently that a friend had told him he was the most mixed up person he had ever known, can't find his post if anyone here knows - also when i'm trying to adjust text it keeps rubbing part of words out like a thick courser, anyone here know...

one light

one light

I sorted texting out rebooted computer, Shetland that man was from I was helping, lost his thread... With the voices issue Faith7 God knows it isn't the real you, as long as no one gets physically hurt - so keep positive there, raise those energy vibes... It can help so, so much with mental strength and well being, as in a defence to the voice issues people get... I hope this helps one or two, or more people here...

P

Prycejosh1987

Spirituality and believing in God is powerful. It opens so many doors and true belief to help you with yourself. Faith is belief in God but also yourself and your ability. I invest a lot into spirituality myself. Its a basis for self belief and supernatural faith can help us always.

one light

one light

Just correct my words here - as long as no one get seriously hurt or killed... sometimes people do get into arguments that get out of control, and accidents happen... it does help so much though if that added voice that can sometimes get into our minds, doesn't - good luck...

one light

one light

Also worth looking up 'controlling ego' that can cause mind chatter... raising vibes can help so much with that issue...

F

Faith7

Thanks everyone for your help I'm sure it will help many people on here as well ☺