• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Starting psychological therapy tomorrow

L

luke_86

Ok so I have these "hallucinations" which are always bad (sexual and violent), and tomorrow at 11am I have my first psychological therapy....and I am kind of getting a little edgy about it as I don't have any ideas of what might happen! So if any of you beautiful people know or have some advice it would be well appreciated......Thank you!
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Emily-Rose

Emily-Rose

Hey there :)

Sorry I can't tell you much on what it will be like because I don't get psychological treatment for hallucinations.

I just wanted to post to say I hope it goes well :)

Emily.x

S

spacemonkey

Hi luke, i dont suffer with halluciantions but am seeing a therapist, so i can only give you my experiance. If this is your first time, they will probably do an assessment lasting 2 sessions, and just ask you te tell them about your experiances when the halluciantions happen, what they are about, that sort of thing, see if you have any questions for them then they will assign somebody best suited to your needs once they have a clearer idea of the problem.

Hope thins helps and hope it goes well for you tomorrow.Dont be too nervous, i'm sure you'll feel better after
:)