• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Starting Life Again

B

bonobo

Have any of you just completely started again? Like, moved to a different city or country and completely restarted your life? I'd love to hear how it went for you

V

Viktoria

I have done, moved from the Netherlands to the UK to study. First two years were great but third year my depression got the better of me and I was forced to move back to the Netherlands. I wouldn't have missed it for the world though.

I recently broke up with my long term boyfriend and I'm thinking of moving cities and picking up studies again. Hope that goes well.

Why d'you ask?

B

bonobo

Why d'you ask?
Thank you for sharing.

In response to your question: Because I need to get out of here & I need to know it's possible to do so.

V

Viktoria

I was only seventeen when I went independently and some people thought it was mad idea plus how do you finance it etc. but if you want it enough you'll find a way to do it. Everything's possible for sure. Go for it!

B

bonobo

Anyone else done the same thing?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not yet but its in the pipeline as long as my bf gets redundant so we can afford it. That's if we even stay together. I'm on a self ddestructing mission and I've almost isolated everyone but I've been with him ten years and we have a son who wants me to stay even though he tells me I'm crazy most days cause I shout and scream and can't stand living here. But I digress

It would be inspiring to hear some success stories though :) I think I'm probably pinning my hopes on moving and leaving the depression behind but I doubt it really works like that

B

bonobo

Not yet but its in the pipeline as long as my bf gets redundant so we can afford it. That's if we even stay together. I'm on a self ddestructing mission and I've almost isolated everyone but I've been with him ten years and we have a son who wants me to stay even though he tells me I'm crazy most days cause I shout and scream and can't stand living here. But I digress

It would be inspiring to hear some success stories though :) I think I'm probably pinning my hopes on moving and leaving the depression behind but I doubt it really works like that
If you guys do stay together, where would you move to? Cool that you guys have a kid xx

Yeah, success stories would be great

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Its cool and it isn't. He wants me around but im sure my mh will have a negative effect on him. I didn't want kids but he came along and now he's the only reason I exist.
We'd go north Wales. I love it there, seaside and snowdonia! I'm hopeing it will make me feel good again being somewhere I love!

Last edited:
R

Rose19602

Think carefully before you leave....if it's an escape route.
It can work, depending on the circumstances that you want to leave behind.....
However, for many of us, if the problem is within ourselves and how we are, our problems get in the suitcase and come with us.
x

B

bonobo

Its cool and it isn't. He wants me around but im sure my mh will have a negative effect on him. I didn't want kids but he came along and now he's the only reason I exist.
We'd go north Wales. I love it there, seaside and snowdonia! I'm hopeing it will make me feel good again being somewhere I love!
I've heard North Wales is absolutely gorgeous. I reckon you should go for it & then see how you feeling regarding the hubby situation xx

B

bonobo

Think carefully before you leave....if it's an escape route.
It can work, depending on the circumstances that you want to leave behind.....
However, for many of us, if the problem is within ourselves and how we are, our problems get in the suitcase and come with us.
x
I need to get out of here, I can't survive here. My problems will, naturally, come with me but at least they'll be with me somewhere that isn't here.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If we move it will mean less money worries and im hopeing living near the seaside and snowdonia will inspire me to go out and start living again. I woñnt be leaving anything behind as ive already isolated myself

B

bonobo

If we move it will mean less money worries and im hopeing living near the seaside and snowdonia will inspire me to go out and start living again. I woñnt be leaving anything behind as ive already isolated myself
Yeah, could be an incredible new move. I completely resonate with the bit where you say you won't be leaving anything behind - I'm the same xxx

B

bonobo

Really struggling today - Have no hope

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What is it you currently do with yourself if you don't mind me asking