Starting a video blog as aid in recovery

J

Jennmarilyn

Hi! I am starting a video blog about my recovery journey through schizoaffective disorder, hoping this may not only help myself but will help others.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I look forward to viewing it and wish you the best of luck.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

I have just made a video

I will be creating a thread and be interested to hear feedback on it

STAFF NOTE

Video has been removed in accordance with forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jennmarilyn

Video blogging!

Great! Send me the link if you want to share!

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I've just finished watching all four of your videos, I find them both fascinating and insightful.

We seem to have a lot in common, I too had hallucinations but across all four out of five senses as I didn't have visual hallucinations, I also had delusions of grandeur, manic episodes and time in hospital. I've also done the WRAP group with my local early intervention team and attend social groups with them twice weekly.

Thanks to medication (30mg Aripiprazole) I only have audio and tactile hallucinations now and they're much weaker than they used to be without medication.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

It's the thread called my first video on the Sz forum here

J

Jennmarilyn

Thanks for writing! We do have a lot in common. Sorry to hear that you still struggle with hallucinations. Do you take any other medications? Do you experience any side effects?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
From the Aripiprazole I get slightly agitated or restless at least twice a day but that usually doesn't last long, well worth it in my opinion. And I take 50mg of Sertraline for anxiety which I haven't noticed any side effects from.

Other people that I go to group with report having higher anxiety from Aripiprazole but that went away as they got used to the medication, I suppose the Sertraline I'm taking helped me avoid that.

I used to take Olanzapine 20mg but over two years of taking it I put on a lot of weight from having an endless appetite, I went from 10st to 16st, now I've changed meds I'm back down to 15st and hopefully will get rid of more weight as time goes on.

J

Jennmarilyn

Yes, weight gain can be such a drag! I’ve gained 30pounds since starting Abilify. Side effects from this drug have been getting me down, mostly the restlessness, which makes it difficult to do many things I used to enjoy. But otherwise, life is good :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Schizophrenia Forum 13
boudreauj4 Schizophrenia Forum 0