• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Started to worry about my friend again and I don't know what to do.

MrBond007

MrBond007

This thread is essentially a follow up to this one I posted nearly a month ago: I have been worrying that my friend no longer likes me anymore.

Basically I haven't spoke to or heard much from my friend since what had happened. Even though I was really upset about the situation for days after. After about a week or so afterwards, I started to relax and feel a bit better with myself. Since then I've been back at college doing work, going to the gym, going Christmas shopping, had a few drinks etc. Just trying to do as many things as possible to keep my mind off of it. I've also been on my medication (20mg flouxetine) regularly as well as taking these herbal stress/anxiety relief tablets. Overall I've just been trying really hard to be happy again and stop worrying about it.

But for these past few days, I haven't been feeling too good at all. I've just started to worry about my friend again, and worry about if he still likes me or not. I haven't heard of him since what had happened and I just kept playing over his replies in my head like I did 4 weeks ago, ultimately feeling really bad. I've just been starting to worry a lot recently, and I fear that everyone hates me, or at least they will at some point because of who I am and what my opinions are on certain topics. Whether that being my friends, strangers and eventually people who I admire. I feel like one day I'm gonna be a strongly disliked person. I just feel like everyone is going to go against me and I just don't know what to do about it.

I really haven't been feeling well these past couple of days.

Mr Oreo Bunny

Mr Oreo Bunny

I understand. I went through similar things throughout my school years, and as a young child. I strongly suggest reaching out, just to check in. You don't have to bring up the rough patches if you don't want to, but it makes everyone feel good to know someone is thinking about them.

P

Purpleplum

Do YOU like you? If you start liking yourself you won't care what others think. Believe in yourself.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
pain is a sign you are believing something false about yourself

MrBond007

MrBond007

Bit of an update on the whole situation. Around a week ago, it was my friend's birthday so I @ed him basically saying happy birthday and have a great day, etc. To which he responded pretty enthusiastically with "Eyyyy thank you *my name*". I told him you're welcome and hope you have a good one and he liked my reply, so from that I gathered we still have a good relationship with one another. Though I was quite relieved knowing that me and him had a friendly interaction for the first time in a while (and that we where indeed still friends). I'd hate to say this but I still feel bad about the situation 6 weeks ago. I mean I feel better now obviously knowing that me and him are still on good terms but I still feel a little bad for myself thinking back at what happened.

I have actually been worrying recently if he genuinely said that out of pure kindness, or with over joy since it was his birthday, or if it was possibly alcohol, etc I am not sure. I've been thinking quite a bit about this, though I think I am fully aware I'm blowing things way out of proportion. I mean at least I know he doesn't hate me lol

P.S thank you all for the replies, they have been very helpful 😁