• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Started taking courses on Coursera!

• Thread starter Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale
  • Start date
M

Mister_Fabulous formerly BetaMale

Hi everyone, I haven't been active here for the last week or so and if you're wondering why, it's because I've started taking two courses on Coursera. One of them is offered by the University of Michigan and the other by the University of Manchester. I've scored above 90% on all my assignments so far and the best thing is that I didn't have to pay a penny. If one wants, one can obtain a course-completion certificate from the respective university for $49, which is nothing compared to the $2600 I pay for each course I take at my Canadian university. I hope websites like Coursera expand in the coming years and put most universities out of business as universities are a money-making scam anyway.

P

Pink1234

I’m glad that you found some courses that have meaning for you.

It’s surprising what’s available on the ‘net. My wife has dementia and last year I was able to complete 2 free on-line Uni courses on the subject. As well as a sense of achievement the new information was very useful to me.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Do they do any music composition courses?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Berklee music college do a course I'm interested in.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Berklee music college do a course I'm interested in.
I'm not bothered about a certificate. Being spoon fed what people used to pay huge sums for sounds great. Berklee name might still appeal to some I suppose.
I think I don't understand if it's free or not. But that's not necessarily an issue. I mean it might be affordable. Even if it's not free.