Started a hobby, Crochet.

F

Fancyharm

Hi

I have used several self help methods and found it very helpful for relaxing.

I am a recovered agoraphobic from 37 years ago.

I have learned to crochet and I am making a poncho. I learned from you tube.

So far I have had to start over as I messed up, but I didn't give up. I visualized a completed poncho and I have kept going. I'm about 10 cm's off finishing and Then I have the collar to put on and some sewing up. I want to add a fringe too.

I will keep you updated.

Honestly, having a hobby where I can just sit and relax has helped me.

XxxxX

N

natalie

Hi,

Well done, and Good on you!

For many many years, or rather since from many moons ago, and apart fr om the fact, I hadn't been diagnosed to a tee at apoint, for mental health reasons, and one year when I was much younger we had a terrible thunderstorm happen, and in those years I kept my walkman by my bed and in the interim i felt what could I do to become calmer again, and relaxed, so I thought right in my own way, I'll do that, listen to music. These years, for destressing, and t o help mental health issues, I now listen to music virtually full time, and also, I either knit, squares for then making up into a blanket, or do cross stitching work.

So once again, well done, almost well done, and good on you. Yes, I'll be interested to know how you'll be coming along with your crochet. Is the skill of crochet difficult to manage by the way, or, is it easier than knitting? Myself, I've only done do knitting, or cross stitching work.

Best Wishes,

Take care.

F

Fancyharm

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Crochet is easy to grasp. If you can knit you can crochet for sure.

F

Fancyharm

I have made a couple of things to wear. Really pleased, it's just practice.

XxxxX

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BetaMale Getting Your Life Back! 6
midnightphoenix Getting Your Life Back! 12