• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Stages of illness, will it ever end?

H

Habs

Is it common to go through the same cycles when suffering?
a loved one goes through stages of what seems like positive and negative symptoms.
when he starts medication feels better in himself although paranoid delusions about his partner cheating have never gone away but were not as important to him when he was on a high dose and was working at getting his life back on track. But because he starts to feel better halves the dose of medication. The delusions become of upmost importance again and he thinks his partner is against him again. He has never accepted he is ill and believes he is with the mental health team because of what his partner has done to him! I realise the team can’t help someone who won’t help themselves and so he gets signed off and then hits rock bottom again and back to square one, contacting the crisis team!
Where will it end, what will it take for him to realise he is ill and needs ongoing treatment or will it just go on like this forever?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Schizophrenia can last a lifetime even with treatment, but medication will help to cope better. Talking therapy is also good.

I personally go through stages of being quite stable to then have very bad days, and sometimes a big blip, and I take clozapine!

N

natalie

The only way can stop? And when?

The best way foward, shouildn't have halved the dose in the first place, therefore my stringent advice would be, switch and stick with the oriignal full and fully indended dose.

T

Thelma27

I wish I could have said yes it will end but I have been suffering with mental health long before I started going to school and I am now a full grown adult with way more symptoms I have a few good days when I can tell white is white without second guessing myself I have lost all my confidence since I became aware of my illness and I am now starting to put pieces of my life together but I still struggle with accepting my parents as my biological parents I still ask questions about my birth and refuse to accept them as my parents once in a while I understand it's all in my head but most times I ask for a dna test as proof etc I feel sad most times for myself because I want to be well so badly and I start feeling like you do and I ask myself the same question will all this ever end and it will when you find the correct meds but I find it only helps temporarily but it's better than no help at all stay strong and don't give up our creator will never give us more burden than we can carry