Stable and Rattlesnakes

Mark_01

Mark_01

Have been what they call "stable" for the past couple of years. There have been a few episodes, nothing to worry about.

I miss being unstable. I was alive then. Use to read all the time and talk and debate with people at the coffee shop. Taught chess to children in schools. Wanted to get up in the morning, and slept well.

Today, I spend most of my time sitting in my chair not doing anything. Unable to think, just sit there and be stable.

This year we are overrun with rattlesnakes. They come down from the hill. Dave has killed one, Richard has killed two, and people report seeing more. I am afraid to walk Tinker out back, or let her go potty in the weeds, which she loved to do. Now I am forcing her to go on the lawn, it offends her sensibilities. I try to keep a sharp eye out for them, but you don't see them until it is too late. A rattlesnake bite would kill Tinker, a bite might kill me, but I am more worried about Tinker.

Some say if you kill a rattlesnake, you should cut off its head and bury it. That is what Pam did with one of the snakes Richard killed. She said, "I'm from Idaho and we chop off their heads and bury it." I'm not sure if it does much good, it certainly doesn't do any harm.