• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Stability and development of psychotic symptoms and the use of antipsychotic medication - long-term follow-up.

NicoretteGummed

NicoretteGummed

Yeh but you and I both know that in all likelihood these persons don't have the degree of psychosis than others have.

And they probably have access to therapy and other services.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeh but you and I both know that in all likelihood these persons don't have the degree of psychosis than others have.

The biomedical psychiatric / pharmacological paradigm is to many people an unquestionable religion - it doesn't matter what evidence is presented as to the contrary.

F

firemonkee57

I think it could be argued to show that some people well enough to be off meds do better than those ill enough to need meds . This suggests that meds don't bridge the gap between the 2 groups but nonetheless may have some positive effects.

MIA ,per usual, spin it to be more than it actually is.

Kerome

Kerome

It's funny, that's what my psychiatrist tells me, stability first.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Stability. Schizophrenia Forum 6
Lincoln1990 New development? Schizophrenia Forum 3
E Is ASD a common comorbidity with schizophrenia/psychotic illnesses? Schizophrenia Forum 1
I Psychotic on so much medication. How is that possible? Schizophrenia Forum 28
BEASTMODEWARRIOR sorry guys im was out for while i had a huge psychotic episode i had to be sent to the psy hospital to change meds. Schizophrenia Forum 6
E Would you personally work with a MH professional if you know they have lived experiences of schizophrenia/psychotic disorders? Schizophrenia Forum 13
E Have you experienced professionals accusing you of lying about psychotic symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 16
E Age you start experiencing psychotic symptoms to age of diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 9
J do your eyes squint when you are in psychotic episode? Schizophrenia Forum 15
P Psychotic episodes becoming worse Schizophrenia Forum 18
J Describe your psychotic episode. Schizophrenia Forum 5
K what was your firyst psychotic break like Schizophrenia Forum 1
RKA1952 What constitutes a psychotic break? Schizophrenia Forum 5
D Psychotic Break Anyone? Schizophrenia Forum 18
R Is there any chance to come out of psychotic medication, or reduced medication? Schizophrenia Forum 12
C Was this a psychotic episode, onset of schizophrenia, bipolar? Schizophrenia Forum 4
A On Medication and Still Psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 15
I Anyone else destroyed their life while psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 15
Hello513 I have a thought about the nature of schizo and other psychotic hallucinatory diseases. Schizophrenia Forum 1
D What do anti-psychotic drugs do to you? Schizophrenia Forum 3
Ivory_NK doctors refuse to believe im psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 5
7 Possible psychotic symptoms are the only thing keeping me from getting assessed for ADD. Feeling stuck Schizophrenia Forum 6
S Psychotic and Driving Myself Crazy(er) Schizophrenia Forum 1
Rebecca Ahava Reducing schizophrenia and psychotic symptopms Schizophrenia Forum 3
E Meaning of voices/psychotic experiences Schizophrenia Forum 4
Z Undiagnosed Psychotic Disorder (new user) Schizophrenia Forum 10
telekinesis been living in a group home for almost 3 months after psychotic episode Schizophrenia Forum 4
K Psychotic or eccentric Schizophrenia Forum 12
cpuusage Shamanic, Mysic, Visionary or Psychotic state? Schizophrenia Forum 22
I What did psychotic people commonly believe before modern technology? Schizophrenia Forum 14
cpuusage Don't use John Nash to promote the use of anti-psychotic drugs Schizophrenia Forum 7
cpuusage Content of psychotic & delusional thinking Schizophrenia Forum 27
S When I'm psychotic I'm a fishetarian Schizophrenia Forum 2
cpuusage Psychotic break or shamanic awakening? Schizophrenia Forum 37
N Can your mood be Euthymic but still be psychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 1
shaky When you are unwell/psychotic do you take your clothes off? Schizophrenia Forum 14
N Does my risk assessment sound like I'm psychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 6
F Prolactin levels in drug-naïve patients with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Not psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 22
F Refugees 66% More Likely To Develop Schizophrenia, Psychotic Disorders Than Other Migrant Types Schizophrenia Forum 11
B From psychotic depression to full-on schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 8
Mark_01 How Does a Psychotic Know When Meds Stop Working? Schizophrenia Forum 9
cpuusage Yes, anti-psychotic drugs damage the brain. Schizophrenia Forum 24
-Phoenix- Gray Matter Loss in Brain Due to Psychotic Episodes / Schizophrenia, Not From Medications Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Treatment resistant or resistant to treatment? Antipsychotic plasma levels in patients with poorly controlled psychotic symptoms. Schizophrenia Forum 1
F The Association between Negative Symptoms, Psychotic Experiences and Later Schizophrenia: A Population-Based Longitudinal Study Schizophrenia Forum 10
A Severity, frequency, and duration of psychotic episodes on and off medication? Schizophrenia Forum 3
L Relationship beak-down at time of psychotic break Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Dopamine: Psychotic fire-starter? Schizophrenia Forum 1
F A Pilot RCT of Psychodynamic Group Art Therapy for Patients in Acute Psychotic Episodes: Feasibility, Impact on Symptoms and Mentalising Capacity Schizophrenia Forum 1