• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

spur of the moment ..

A

act044

So I pretty much had all my bills caught up. I was on student loans which only gave me enough for rent and food which is why I fell behind. Anyway I was pretty well all caught up just had a bit left to pay on shaw and sasktel so I bought a treadmill thinking I could afford it since my bills were caught up. As you may know , since stated in other posts, I got a huge telus bill from my family member's phone that I got for her. I have a credit card which is needed to purchase a phone contract so I used mine for her. Well her phone got stolen then turned up in her mailbox smashed after I reported it stolen. Whoever stole it wracked up a 600$ phone bill by going over data and texting to the USA. She can't afford to give me all the money since my gpa was paying for it and neither can he. I feel like I've been f***ed over. I can't afford to pay it either . I'm on disability and they don't give that much. My gpa is on workers comp so he also doesn't get that much. It just sucks because it's in my name so I'm responsible for it. He is going to give me the 600 but can only afford a hundred a month so I'm screwed . If I hadn't bought the treadmill I could put the majority of it down. I wish I had known this before I purchased my treadmill. Now I'm going to fall behind in my bills again due to this ridiculous situation. I won't be fully caught up until the end of march. This is so unfair that it has to come out of my earnings until he can afford to pay it all. Why should I have to be struggling with putting food on my table and paying for my bills when this phone was their responsibility . How is it my fault this happened and I have to pay for it. I should have never put my trust in them . I should have thought about the possibility of something like this happening. They're family though. I didn't think they would do this to me. Sorry about all the talk of my financial situation I just wanted to be understood on what is happening so you could see it from my side and how badly this is affecting me. I feel so used and taken advantage of . This has put me in a very stressful position. I've made a few stupid decisions in trying to do this . Decisions I'm not proud of like what I posted in a previous post. I should not do spur of the moment purchases without checking all bills in my name. I am excited for my treadmill though. It's going to be put to good use. It just sucks this had to happen. Why couldn't it happen next month when I could actually afford it. Now I'm going to have to pay for half of everything until this is paid off. They want all the money by Jan 29th or they're going to send it to collections. That's the last thing I need. I already have a sasktel cable bill that went there. I don't want my credit score affected to much. I would eventually like to morgage a house. Then there's the loans I took out while I was in university to pay for everything . One place is taking me to court for way more than I owe . I'm going to fight it though since they loaned off my student loan which is illegal on their part. The other 3 loans I have no idea how I'm going to pay. If this telus bill wasn't here I'd have the money to pay it all. I feel incredibly screwed over by my family . I try and do something nice then get screwed over. Instead of paying the 1200 to get rid of the thing I'm going to pay the 65 dollars a month for my hubby to use. It's cheaper to pay 600 then 65 a month to keep it running. Warranty is also fixing it for 50$ which is relieving. Gad damn this is stressful. I want to push my hubby to get a job so I have help paying for everything but he's not ready he says. I tried to convince him to at least apply for some sort of assistance but he said he doesn't want to be on welfare. He'd rather be broke living off me than getting some sort of income to help. I love my hubby so incredibly much so I really don't mind. I know he loves me as well and feels bad about not being able to contribute so I'm willing to wait. I don't care that he doesn't help I'm an independent woman , the help would be nice though.. especially in the current situation. Hmm I am so incredibly stressed .. dwelling on finances.. figuring out what to pay and when to get everything caught up. Hmm why do these things always happen to me??? Oh well I guess. I will get through this. I just wish I could take the easy way out. I am so overwhelmed and stressed it is affecting my physical health. Sorry I just had to vent about this . It is very hard on me. . Trying to support my family and keep us sheltered/ heated. I am at a loss on where to even begin. All I know is I'm hoping nothing gets shut off before I have the money to pay . I was pretty much caught up before so I don't think anything will get shut off except maybe my cell phone and cable which are the least important things at the moment. You don't have to respond I was just venting and talking things through.

A

act044

Just great.. my phone got shut off. What next?? This is unbearable. The stress this whole situation is causing is overwhelmingly unbeatable. I am doing my best to support my family but this telus bill is to much for me to handle. I wish there was an easy fix. I just don't have the funds. It's not like anyone calls or texts me so I can go without a phone until the end of Jan. My only concern is what if something happens and I need to call 911. Omg this is to much to handle. I'm falling apart. Trying to keep it together for my family but inside I'm a mess.

megirl

megirl

wish i could help you out lifes a bitch at times i always think everythings that much harder at this crazy time of year. I dont know what to say but thinking of you and hope things work out soon