• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Spring & summer

Pasztecik

Pasztecik

It's fine if you laugh reading this, everyone, including a psychiatrist, found this funny. I get this seasonal thing in February when winter ends and I can feel spring coming. I'm miserable all spring and summer. Everyone around is talking about nice weather and I count the days to autumn. I used to handle hot weather well, but then sth changed. I feel bad even in January when it's a sunny day. The early spring looks similar to late autumn and I feel so sad when I realise it is spring and the worst is yet to come. My mother's arms are covered in moles and I've inherited that, so I cover up and use lots of suncream. I miss autumn and winter when I can just get dressed and leave home without applying the suncream and waiting 15 min before leaving. And I miss taking a normal route instead of moving from shade to shade. I really need a good reason to go out in summer bc it's such a torture. Also, my room is very sunny, I never roll up my blinds bc it's so insanely bright. Even in my worst year, I felt better when it was November, dark, cold, grey, perfect. I've heard freezing is the easiest way to die, but winter makes me happy, I don't want to die then that much.
I think the day is shorter by 1 min already, that's my only comfort.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I am the exact same way! There aren't as many of us who dread spring and summer but we exist! I dread summer every single year and always have since I was a kid...this one has been especially tough. I use blackout curtains to keep my room totally dark during the day, not only during the summer, but in summer they pretty much stay closed unless it's storming outside. Nowadays I cannot go outside during the day.. especially if it's sunny...and this is not just because of lockdown. I used to walk for hours almost every day, even in summer, but now I just can't bring myself to go outside in the sun. I go walking and jogging before the sun comes up 😌
I miss autumn so much right now :BLAH:

K

Kittylove

I actually really love the fall. It is my favorite time of year. I look forward to it all the time. Even now, I am wanting it to be the fall. October is my favourite month.