• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Spravato (esketamine)

ellexruth

ellexruth

I might have an opportunity to to try Spravato (for those who don't know, it's basically slightly altered ketamine administered as a nasal spray in your doctors office). My psychiatrist suggested it as a possibility for me, and we are weeding through the insurance red tape now. I found (very serendipitously!) ANOTHER psychiatrist that administers Spravato at his office who is literally about 4 blocks away from my normal psychiatrist. I'm leaning towards this as a posibility should all the cards fall into place. Has ANYBODY here tried it? At all? Know someone who has? How was your reaction? Terrible? What was it like? Was it worth it? And ultimately, did it really help? : /

-Elle

Bipolarbear2

Bipolarbear2

I've never heard of this but id like to see who answers you.

pandr oid

pandr oid

Probably you don't suffer from mania and just depression!!!
mania and drugs = welcome to hell

Bipolarbear2

Bipolarbear2

I just googled Spravato. It's specifically for treatment resistant depression. Have you been on two different antidepressants at the same time? With no improvement? If so then I think this could really lift your mood. If your doctor said it's a good choice for you I'd believe him. There are a few side effects but they'd mostly only last a few hours. I hope it all goes well for you Elle.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

I've never used Esketamine. I've been in a Ketamine for MDD/TRD program for 4 years and I've had an amazingly good response to it when used in conjunction with therapy. The only medication that has ever relieved my symptoms.

Spravato is a Ketamine molecule split in half using just the "S" isomer so I'm supposing that mechanisms of effect are similar.

I get my Ketamine by way of intravenus infusion which is entirelt different than intranasal. Can't be much help in discussing that method.

Feel free to message me if I can be helpful answering your other questions about Ket-for-dep or psychedelic therapies for depression.

:)

- Bizzarebitrary