• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Spirituality

J

JuneBug104

Just wanted to start a random discussion as I’m having a medium friend over to do a clearing tomorrow :). I find it really helps. Was close to a panic attack today but smudged my bedroom and am feeling much better. Anyone else do anything like this to help with their mental health issues?

M

Marianda

Just wanted to start a random discussion as I’m having a medium friend over to do a clearing tomorrow :). I find it really helps. Was close to a panic attack today but smudged my bedroom and am feeling much better. Anyone else do anything like this to help with their mental health issues?
Ive tried everything, praying, trying to contact God, angels or aliens. Ive tried meditation , calling ghosts etc etc. No response from the other side.!!! I think we are alone here. But anyway I love the paranormal world. Let me know what happened with the medium.

J

JuneBug104

I don’t think we’re alone, I just think some peoples’ third eyes are open more than others’. Like any natural talent, I think you can hone that skill, but an innate ability has to be there. I’ll be sure to let you know. This is actually my second clearing. During the first, the medium came into contact with someone who said their purpose was to “make everyone crazy.” This makes a lot of sense, as myself and my mother’s anxiety became out of control around the same time. The clearing seemed to have worked well but, as the medium said might happen, the aforementioned someone is probably back and needs to be sent to the other side again. So we’re doing that and my mother is getting a tarot reading as well :). Me and my mother both use tarot cards independently but it’s always nice to have someone with a more in-depth knowledge into the cards to do it for you.

K

Keesha

I had a horse friend who cedar smudged our house when it was first built. She said it was for protection. She did some psychic work but it wasn’t what I liked her for. She was just a great friend.

I do not for one minute believe we are alone. No way. No how. I’ve had far too many strange and unusual experiences on other dimensions that can’t be explained in normal human language. It’s unexplainable but not everything in life is supposed to be understood.

I do yoga 🧘‍♀️ and listen to spiritual teachings by Deepak chopra, Marianne Williamson, Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, etc. or just monks chanting.

Spiritual literature i find quite soothing also.

J

JuneBug104

I had a horse friend who cedar smudged our house when it was first built. She said it was for protection. She did some psychic work but it wasn’t what I liked her for. She was just a great friend.

I do not for one minute believe we are alone. No way. No how. I’ve had far too many strange and unusual experiences on other dimensions that can’t be explained in normal human language. It’s unexplainable but not everything in life is supposed to be understood.

I do yoga 🧘‍♀️ and listen to spiritual teachings by Deepak chopra, Marianne Williamson, Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, etc. or just monks chanting.

Spiritual literature i find quite soothing also.
My therapist actually suggested I start yoga. Do you find you have to be reasonably fit (I’m not) in order to start? I’ve heard it’s harder than it looks.

K

Keesha

My therapist actually suggested I start yoga. Do you find you have to be reasonably fit (I’m not) in order to start? I’ve heard it’s harder than it looks.
Yoga is great for stretching and balance. It helps keep my joints from seizing up. You can be at any level to do yoga. Each time you do it you’ll get better. Doing exercise on a balance ball might be much easier and more fun to start off with. Gaiam makes a great beginners workout which incorporates yoga & Pilates together which is filmed in Hawaii. It’s a great DVD.

Once you improve I’d recommend a good yoga DVD. Using DVD’s will guide you to make sure you are doing the exercises right and the length of time. These Namaste Yoga DVD’s are, by far, the nicest ever that I’ve personally used. The narration is added later, the music is soothing and the background setting are beautifully photoshopped and look amazing. It’s a total treat.

Just some suggestions. I hope you don’t mind.
22FCD65D-7766-46A4-9C8F-00CC08B8C643.jpeg

J

JuneBug104

Yoga is great for stretching and balance. It helps keep my joints from seizing up. You can be at any level to do yoga. Each time you do it you’ll get better. Doing exercise on a balance ball might be much easier and more fun to start off with. Gaiam makes a great beginners workout which incorporates yoga & Pilates together which is filmed in Hawaii. It’s a great DVD.

Once you improve I’d recommend a good yoga DVD. Using DVD’s will guide you to make sure you are doing the exercises right and the length of time. These Namaste Yoga DVD’s are, by far, the nicest ever that I’ve personally used. The narration is added later, the music is soothing and the background setting are beautifully photoshopped and look amazing. It’s a total treat.

Just some suggestions. I hope you don’t mind.
View attachment 19424
not at all! I really appreciate it:). I’ll definitely try the exercise ball first to build up some strength. Going to look up then Gaiam DVD now. I need to do something. Sitting on my ass all day isn’t doing any good to my mental health.

K

Keesha

not at all! I really appreciate it:). I’ll definitely try the exercise ball first to build up some strength. Going to look up then Gaiam DVD now. I need to do something. Sitting on my ass all day isn’t doing any good to my mental health.
Oh good. I’ve had this DVD for years now and LOVE it still. It’s actually really fun, isn’t too difficult, yet builds up great muscle tone but it’s also a great just for relaxing. Suzanne Deason instructs it and it’s got modification exercises if the ones shown are too difficult. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
Good luck. Let us know how it’s working for you.
I’m going to do this without today as well as my walk. Exercise is like a missing link to mental health.

J

JuneBug104

Oh good. I’ve had this DVD for years now and LOVE it still. It’s actually really fun, isn’t too difficult, yet builds up great muscle tone but it’s also a great just for relaxing. Suzanne Deason instructs it and it’s got modification exercises if the ones shown are too difficult. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
Good luck. Let us know how it’s working for you.
I’m going to do this without today as well as my walk. Exercise is like a missing link to mental health.
it really is! I think my therapist suggested yoga to combat my anxiety mainly, but also just general exercise really helps. I try to walk my dog every day as well but she’s getting so old now she doesn’t like to go far. Also she’s a bullmastiff and bulldogs are notorious for being lazy.

The medium went so well!!! It feels so much better in here. That lady was backed and laughed at us when she was being sent toward the light, which is creepy as hell. There was also a figure with a towel or bandages wrapped around her head, and the medium thinks it’s a warning. My grandmother who lives with us keeps falling and the medium thinks this lady is warning against a potential head injury from that. So we’re going to take precautions like making sure no carpets are lifted no water is left on the floor etc. Also my dad and grandfather were here, and my dad wanted to tell my mom that he hears when she talks to him :). Anyways that lady was hard to remove, but she’s gone once again. Here’s hoping she doesn’t come back!

J

JuneBug104

Also the lady with the bandages was reluctant to leave, which drives the point that she’s a warning home a little bit. It’s like she’s worried if she leaves something will happen.