• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Spirituality for mental health

S

sab1978

Hi there, just wondering if anyone here has found comfort and healing by incorporating spirituality into their healing. Some background on me...very abusive childhood, borderline traits, eating disorders, complex-ptsd. I’m on medication and I’m in therapy. I understand the importance of medication, therapy etc etc, but I’d really love to hear how spirituality has helped people and I’d love to share how it’s helped me. You can PM me or reply to this post...or we can set up another thread somewhere in this forum 🤗 Thank you!

Z

Zoe1

hi sab

there is a spirituality sub forum
where you might like to explore this
which also might encourage others to do the same !

if you look down the forum list

:grouphug: ✨

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Personally spirituality has helped me so much with an eating disorder specifically...I really started to pay attention to what I put in my body and be thankful for all that my body does for me, realizing there is so much more to life than that constant cycle, and that cycle doesn't even need to be a part of my life because it was not serving me...it is so hard to crack the mindset of an eating disorder and it is a bit different for everyone but if you find even ONE crack in the mindset, WALK with it

OCDguy

OCDguy

For me a lot of it is perception of ourselves and our situations, and where our priorities lie, together with coping strategies. Being as one with ourself, being able to function on a day to day basis and if possible a path forward... That's what generally works for me. Hope this helps :)