Spirituality and fear

V

Violetta

Hello to the people here!

Anyone experienced fear of their own thoughts? How do you calm yourself? My head just doesn't go like it should and it feels like a severe mental disorder i'm diagnosed bipolar and scizoaffective disorder. My psychiatrist told me to go to mental hospital but my family and friends tell me it won't help. In my depressive state i don't have the power to say no i go get help and actually maybe they are right...

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Violetta and welcome to the forum.

I’ve experienced that before. These are called intrusive thoughts and some times, if they are persistent, can be POCD( Pure Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

I had a hard time controlling my intrusive thoughts and both with my anxiety was overwhelming. I was prescribed Escitalopram and I’ve been doing well since.

V

Violetta

Hi Hopeful your name is very fitting! Thank you for the reply i will ask my therapist tomorrow and i'm also afraid....i fight battles that don't need to be fought. You know that feel? I'm at a stage where i can't fight anymore cause i tried so much hope is what i need and you are here. There's a heartbreak involved like in all my schizoaffective psychosis. my heart breaks more when thoughts come i dislike. How should hospital heal that you got meds that helped nice!!! Well i will talk to my therapist tmrw merci ^o^

V

Violetta

@honeybadger i'm sorry i didn't think much, after choosing the title i decided to write less information about myself so it isn't fitting indeed thank you for showing me i try to post more thoughtful merci!

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi Hopeful your name is very fitting! Thank you for the reply i will ask my therapist tomorrow and i'm also afraid....i fight battles that don't need to be fought. You know that feel? I'm at a stage where i can't fight anymore cause i tried so much hope is what i need and you are here. There's a heartbreak involved like in all my schizoaffective psychosis. my heart breaks more when thoughts come i dislike. How should hospital heal that you got meds that helped nice!!! Well i will talk to my therapist tmrw merci ^o^
You are very welcome 🌺

You have to know and convince yourself that your thoughts are not you and they don’t relate to your personality at all. Even healthy people that don’t suffer from mental illnesses have intrusive thoughts but they are easy to ignore and they don’t analyze why they have those thoughts. We, on the other hand, over analyze and speculate to the point it becomes like as infestation to our minds. We question the thoughts then we question the thoughts that were gerated from the first thought and so on. In easier terms, we are too aware of our thinking. It’s unbelievable 🙂 but with positive thinking and distractions, we can overcome sometimes.

Mine started when I heard about someone hurting themselves. I had a panic attack when I heard that then I started questioning why did they do it. Then it developed into what if I end up thinking like them and so on and so forth.

It was unnecessary of me to think that way but I couldn’t stop it. I struggled for 3 months straight day and night. It caused a very bad insomnia and ended up in the emergency room 3 times for anxiety and panic attacks.

Escitalopram is very good treatment and also Fluvoxamine some times called Luvox. They are the best for all kinds of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Don’t ever give up and I am sure you will do fine soon.

Good luck to you my friend🙂

V

Violetta

@Hopeful313 thanks a lot again!!

Sometimes i do analyze and then i feel like the worst....glad you won the battle i have no other choice killing myself is not an option. Feeling i've been so corrupted my mind tries to convince me i'm planning sinister stuff with my subconcious mind though i know it's not true it shatters me so i want to be sedated but most of my loved once believe in me and you gave me hope too! In reality happiness of everyone is simply my aim and do whats right. Or like Yoko Ono said i'm a bad dancer break your legs no regrets🙂

On your way i want to give you what a friend wrote to me in mental hospital in finland:

Do you know who you are? No one knows who he or she is. The only thing we know is how we act in other words life is an everlasting travel every other explenation from scientists and philosophers is just lies.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Thank you @Violetta 🙂

I am glad to help a little.

It’s all about understanding oneself. Learning as much as you can about your mental health gives you the opportunity to understand what’s really going on.

Having to deal with mental illness isn’t the end of the world. Giving up isn’t an option. We have to be positive. Many people ignore the idea of being positive. Our words and thoughts have an effect on our surroundings.

There a post on the forum about positivity. I recommend that you read it. I am sure it will help you.

Let me know if you can’t find it so I can post the link for you.

It’s nice to have the support of loved ones.

V

Violetta

The post about positivity sounds interesting i couldn't find it am grateful if you post the link🙂

After my visit at the psychologist i feel like i can deal with it.

I am happy i am good is a sweet mantra and chant your positivity in the area! Positive like in always look at the bright side of life.

We can choose to be happy when we are strong and the greatest joy in life is to love and be loved.

It's my life and i am grateful for your help @Hopeful313 let's celebrate 🙂 i'm here for you if you want to talk!

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

The post about positivity sounds interesting i couldn't find it am grateful if you post the link🙂

After my visit at the psychologist i feel like i can deal with it.

I am happy i am good is a sweet mantra and chant your positivity in the area! Positive like in always look at the bright side of life.

We can choose to be happy when we are strong and the greatest joy in life is to love and be loved.

It's my life and i am grateful for your help @Hopeful313 let's celebrate 🙂 i'm here for you if you want to talk!
I am very happy for you that you are feeling optimistic and hopeful 🙂

Your visit with your psychiatrist sounds like it was a success. Have you tried therapy?

I am really sorry 😐 the guy who wrote the positivity post had his account closed and his post deleted 😔 I don’t even know why that happened. It was a very good post.

V

Violetta

It was my Therapist i had the good experience with. It's very helpful.

Ok! Now that i'm feeling better i think big again and studying for university is fun and the love in my heart is free no fear no doubt is all i can say

Thank you so much for your help
Love ^o^

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Ok! Now that i'm feeling better i think big again and studying for university is fun and the love in my heart is free no fear no doubt is all i can say

Love ^o^
Very good to hear that you doing well.
You sound very happy and positive and that helps me as well.

I wish you the best and take care.

jackolantern

jackolantern

Love ^o^
Hi Violetta, I am so glad you had a positive experience with your therapist, it has boosted your feelings and self confidence I can see, good luck with your studying. :)

P

Pigsyjug

The title to your thread is absolutely and undeniably deceiving.
Don't mean to come across rude, however I find your response somewhat terse and unhelpful at times.

V

Violetta

@Hopeful313 @jackolantern

Thank you from the heart! It's good to feel understood and the warm messages are appreciated!!

I feel well now bcs i decided that my healing is priority studying all day doesn't work but i can enjoy my day feeling alright.

Feeling lucky! I love art and draw now just what feels good to me and makes me feel well.

What do you do to heal? I like meditating, drawing, gardening, qui gong :)

Thanks again!

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Violetta 🙂

It’s been a while since you wrote anything but I am very glad that you are back and feeling well.

Everything becomes enjoyable when the mind and body are healthy. It’s really nice to know that you are taking care of yourself and putting your health first.

I am going to the gym every day now. I spend 2 hours just exercising. It also gets me to leave the house. I found that I can’t stop exercising. I enjoy it so much.

The other thing I do is reading. It’s very relaxing and power for the brain.

Slowly, I am getting back to music production but still hard a little bit because I don’t like being alone.

I am also doing lots of gardening and yard work since summer just started. B6AFAC26-CE22-4133-861A-E052B723787A.jpegThis is one of my flower plants. In the front yard.

I am also getting ready for camping soon. I enjoy nature and it makes me feel peaceful.

V

Violetta

Hi @Hopeful313
Yes it's been a roller causter and i'm happy to reply now! I feel alright loving myself and grateful to talk to you! It's so helpful when someone cares :)

Now that i'm growing stronger i can even study a lot and do yoga regularly. Now looking after myself means not taking stupid risks. I'm weird and i can't expect everyone to understand. I have good friends who know me and love me so i'm happy. It also means eating right, sleeping right...

Wow so you found your passion!! And feel lots of joy!! Exercising makes you free!! Great!!

Yes i love reading too! Recently C.G. Jung...recommended!

When you see that you deserve loving yourself being alone becomes wonderful...music production?? I sing ^o^

Yes gardening!!!! I planted the same flower with my mother. Very beautiful.

Also Nature!! You listed so much to be grateful for and reasons to feel joy. Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu. May all beings be happy.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Violetta 🙂

It’s always my pleasure to talk to you and it makes me feel so happy when I am helping, a little bit at least🙂.

I am very happy for you and the progress that you’ve made. Sounds like you made a very good transition to happiness and optimism. Your words say so much about how you changed your way of thinking. You do sound very happy and I hope you continue to do so.

You are doing all that needs to be done to have a joyful life. You are right on point. Having good attitude and a positive and happy mindset is the key to a better life. That also reflects on your physical health. Then you will see everything falling in its right place. Your eating and sleep patterns become healthier and organized.

If I could, I would spend most of my time in nature. It’s so relaxing.

Music has been my passion since I was young. I have a home studio where I retreat some nights and just let my imagination free.
I would love to hear you sing🙂. It’ll be interesting. Maybe we can collaborate? Of course if you feel comfortable and don’t feel pressured at all ☺. I know how it feels😁.

I will send you some links to my music but it’s in Arabic.

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Take care and I wish you blessings and happiness. 🌺

V

Violetta

Hi @Hopeful313 !!

Yes it is helpful when someone cares! Very appreciated ^o^

The talk with my psychologists has been nice bcs he saw that i need extacy and to protect myself and he made me feel worthy to be protected. So i just go crazy in a protected frame and so i can make sure do stay fully present.

Still there is some work to do to be a master of the mind :)

Yes i will go to italy with my mother today and i can't wait to see the sea!! ^o^

Yes you are seeing it right everything is getting better!

Yes let's exchange music! When you feel like it. I really wanna know your music :)

All the best! And thanks again for your great help, keep going you make a difference 💓

Love & Light

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi @Violetta

My apologies for the late reply.

You sound so motivating🙂. Keep up the positive vibe and the bright look to your wellbeing.

Enjoy your trip and have lots of fun. let us know how everything is going.

I sure will contact you to share and exchange ideas about music. Music is like nutrition to the soul.

Thank you so much dear friend and I wish you the best. :hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BadCow Introduce Yourself 16
T Introduce Yourself 2
Homebound87 Introduce Yourself 3