• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Spirit Release - Background

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Spirit Release Forum - Background

Who am I
This section of the site explores the issues that relate to understanding who and what we are. This is perhaps a tall order as the quest "To know Thyself" has been part of human seeking for many a long age and certainly formed part of some of the earliest known texts from Sumeria and Ancient Egypt.

Since those early times science has made huge strides in providing knowledge of the physical world and has laid a foundation for deeper enquiry into the nature of consciousness and the link between mind and body. Science nevertheless is collectively stuck in that it does not as yet have a mechanism for explaining concepts such as 'soul' and 'spirit' or even more mundane experiences such as how telepathy works.

This has left the door open to other researchers, not so bound by the scientific paradigm, who have explored the nature of the psyche through deep hypnosis or regression techniques. This has been backed through studies such as the "near death experience" or NDE. All of this research has created a picture of the journey of the soul and the link between the "Core Self" and the mind and body. This is an ongoing developing picture that we will update as necessary through the articles presented in this section.

Psychological Disorders
We also explore here subjects such as why spirits become 'earthbound' and the psychological issues that derive from imbalances between the different facets of the psyche. Many conditions that are classified as 'Dissociative Disorders' and 'Trance States' fall into this category but it could also be extended to include a whole range of conditions from depression through to phobias.

Spirit Release
Attention is additional given to those cases where the client perceives that some form of psychic invasion has taken place and the concepts surrounding spirit attachments and invasions.

Definitions
Throughout these pages certain terms are used with some frequency. In order to be clear about the meanings some definitions are given here.

Soul – Our Soul is the life essence that provides consciousness and vitality to the physical body. It is a separate and distinct entity that continues to exist after the death of the physical body until such times as it is re-united with our Spirit. Our Soul is linked into our somatic self through the sub-conscious mind and through other nerve plexus centres of the body. For various good reasons a block is created within our mind so that most people are not aware of the Soul conscious part of themselves. We, in effect, generally forget who we are and where we have come from. One of the first stages of the initiatory journey is to re-unite with this aspect of our consciousness. The Soul is an aspect of the Spirit and might also be defined as the part of the Spirit that is linked into the physical body. It is the Soul part that sometimes gets trapped or ‘earthbound’.

Spirit – Our spirit holds the sum total of all that we are both from numerous lifetimes as well as the experiences we have enjoyed in the spirit realms. The Spirit is eternal and is not dependent upon the physical body for its existence. At a certain stage the Spirit no longer needs to return to the physical world but continues to exist on the spirit planes. When we incarnate our Spirit is sometimes referred to as the ‘Higher Self’ as a way of distinguishing it from our Soul.

Psyche – The word psyche is derived from a Greek word meaning ‘breath’ and is equated throughout these pages with our Soul.

Core Self – Is another way of describing our Soul.

soul_body.gif

Spirit Release Forum - Glossary of Terms

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Interesting. I would like to spend some time studying this at some point.

C

clarabow

I love this. I have been feeling increasingly disconnected over the last few years, and have a strong sense that my soul has somehow abandoned me because I have not followed its guidance. Every day I feel emptier and emptier, like a moving corpse. I wish I could reconnect with my soul and feel joy again.

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I love this. I have been feeling increasingly disconnected over the last few years, and have a strong sense that my soul has somehow abandoned me because I have not followed its guidance. Every day I feel emptier and emptier, like a moving corpse. I wish I could reconnect with my soul and feel joy again.
It's not uncommon -

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar -

See more at: The Hollow Men by T S Eliot - Famous poems, famous poets. - All Poetry

What i find helps is a very gentle & simple awareness/mindfulness practise. i often light a small candle, sit quietly & just Be.

i think Adyashanti's teachings are simple are direct - His practise is explained here -

Adyashanti Basics

[Also search for 'application of the teaching'].

Kerome

Kerome

That can happen, in my experience, especially if your "inner voice" is small and quiet. By your inner voice I mean your intuition, your feelings. Often a good first step on the way back is to clear space in your life for reconnecting with your intuition, about people, situations and things. At first in a small way, and then later about bigger decisions.

C

clarabow

That can happen, in my experience, especially if your "inner voice" is small and quiet. By your inner voice I mean your intuition, your feelings. Often a good first step on the way back is to clear space in your life for reconnecting with your intuition, about people, situations and things. At first in a small way, and then later about bigger decisions.
Thank you Kerome. It scares me how much I've lost for having ignored my small, but authentic inner voice. At this stage I want to escape the clatter of external noise literally, and live on a commune where life is as simple as possible. I feel I have lost everything, more than ever I need to re-connect with Spirit.