• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

spirit occupation - John

F

fidget

I have been up most the night with a spirit of a young boy who is wedged half in my chest. Is this is what is meant by spirit attachment?
This is a new experience for me, is there a set approach to handling this?
I have no other warning signs of my psychoses so i am inclined to think that John is nothing to do with my psyche

Kerome

Kerome

Being up most of the night is not good - anything that disturbs sleeping hours is not good. The first thing to do is just stay calm and respectful, send him what love and kindness you can muster. Carry on as usual, see what happens after you have slept. My experience is that often these things are resolved overnight, and what remains in the morning is just a normal quiet energy.

You might want to explore the nature of his attachment to you, but I'd take whatever is said with a grain of salt, and especially take care not to let it affect you emotionally. Is he stuck, what part of you can he see, and so on. You can certainly ask him to leave. It's possible that the experience will evolve away from him being "a young boy wedged half in your chest", which would be a sign of psychosis.

F

fidget

thank you Kerome, that is a helpful and clear post. He's stopped answering me but he is still there, hopefully you are right and he will be gone after some sleep. I hope he will be ok but i also could do with the space back, it is quite intense.

T

Topcat

Is it wrong to be fascinated by these posts, I find it so interesting. I've read a lot of Keromes posts on his experiences and I know if I had something strange and unsettling like this going on, he would be the first person I'd ask. I am so interested in his ways of seeing things as if from a distance and the descriptions of the experiences :)
I hope you get your chest space back soon x

Kerome

Kerome

Did anything more happen fidget?

F

fidget

after a day and a half he let go a bit. He sleeps in my bed but he doesn't talk to me. When i try and talk to him he makes fake snoring sounds. It's very strange and I don't know what to think about it

F

fidget

When i was young i never believed in spirits but then "psychosis" happened and now i feel let into another world. Apart from being very upset when it was first happening I feel alright so it doesn't seem to be coming from me, rather something i am attuned too

Kerome

Kerome

That sounds like it could be a more involved encounter. I would beware of "wanting" to know more about this new world... it's best to take the attitude that if it happens it is ok, but to not get attached to any sensations or companionship. Just be respectful and clear, and try to show some compassion.

You might want to track when you notice things relating to him - keep a diary perhaps. I have a thread on the forum in the "Personal Experiences" (of Voices) subforum where i detailed things, but a pen&paper version would work just as well. The idea is to give yourself some perspective on how long the experience lasts and how it evolves, this can be quite revealing when you look back on a record of a few months.

F

fidget

thanks, thats a good idea. Your sticky voices thread is interesting

Heart_moon

Heart_moon

I have been up most the night with a spirit of a young boy who is wedged half in my chest. Is this is what is meant by spirit attachment?
This is a new experience for me, is there a set approach to handling this?
I have no other warning signs of my psychoses so i am inclined to think that John is nothing to do with my psyche
Hi Fidget, i don't have any answers for you, but today i remembered an experience i had that maybe is similar-ish.

So i thought i would share...

After spending some days away from home with spiritually aware friends, on returning home i felt the presence of a young girl with me. Whenever i would sit & relax, i would feel /sense her cuddling up to me around the midriff area. This was a comforting feeling & the experience was pleasant.

It felt to me at the time, that nothing needed to be done & so i just experienced the phenomena.

After a few days i could feel her presence lessening, until i could no longer feel her around, it felt peaceful, everything felt ok.

It was an interesting experience, i wasn't sure of the reasons, but felt it was beneficial for perhaps both of us.

F

fidget

thanks for sharing Chopsy, very interesting and helpful to read about similar experiences. It's lovely to read that it felt beneficial for both of you. I hope i can find a way to resolve things with john the same way

Heart_moon

Heart_moon

thanks for sharing Chopsy, very interesting and helpful to read about similar experiences. It's lovely to read that it felt beneficial for both of you. I hope i can find a way to resolve things with john the same way
Hey Fidget, i had an epiphany during Wed night whilst showering.

I remembered that as a young child i would 'cling' cuddle to my mother's side when we sat as a family watching T.V. in the evenings & i would deeply with all my 'might' (with all my will) ask to stay in that moment forever...... 'please let me stay like this forever' i would pray, chant mentally over & over & over again

i was desperate to stay in that 'inner space'.

i had the little spirit girl experience in Nov. 2004 but not until now had i seen / realised the similaries between these 2 experiences, i did wonder if it was my own inner child at that time, but i hadn't the capacity to explore or see any further than the 'thought'

It would make sense if it was, maybe i had created alot of subtle energy from my nightly mantras as a 'desperate' child, that was needing to be re-intergrated.

How are things with John spirit & you ?