• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

spirals and circles

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
i'm dizzy:eek:

the last couple of weeks i've had palpitations and general awareness of my heartbeat, butterflies (although i think they are big moths), aching chest, irritating bowels (i have IBS) .. stiff neck , headaches ...

i know these are all symptoms of anxiety, but i have so far convinced myself (in no particular order ) that i have lung cancer, angina, another brain haemorrhage, pulmonary embolism, stomach cancer,

and now im worried that all this worrying is going to make me really get ill :scared::cry:

i take my pulse, check the dilation of my pupils, feel for lumps and bumps and generally get myself into a state.

my family are great if i ring them (but i don't like to ) but i tend to just take the p*ss out of myself and we all laugh

ha ha Sandy's got a fatal disease again :unsure:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Awww Sandy you have my sympathy. Its awful when you feel like this. I know youve had serious problems in the past but anxiety can play awful tricks on you.

Why not make an appointment to see your GP. Im sure he'll say theres nothing wrong but at least it will put your mind at rest

Take care hun
xxx:hug:

R

Roxy

Founding Member
The symptons described are an exact carbon copy of what i'm constantly feeling. It's so draining and i'm constantly feeling tired. I've tried so many pills, latest being citalopram, but have found no relief. It's enough to make you want to give up, has anyone found any medication that helps even slightly or do I have to accept that this is the way it's going to be for the rest of my life. So often i've given up the pills without telling the doctor and the withdrawal has not been too good, I know it's like playing russian roulette with your health but I get so down.

D

Dollit

I have a brain haemmorhage every time I get a headache and if I get a stiff neck with tension I have meningitis. Once I had a panic attack and thought I was having a heart attack and had to go to the doctors on an emergency appointment so that I could get valium. I'm not too bad at the moment because everything feels quite good but when I'm anxious I go through the roof. It doesn't help that I do some research for a GP so I get access to illnesses I never knew existed. My mum tells me I should grow up.

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I've gone through that phase and you have my sympathy. Unfortunately it is one of the symptoms of anxiety, I was like it for years and years and eventually it just went away. Looking back I did some weird and wonderful things like buying lots of blue blocks for the toilet so they would colour the water so I din't have to see what I'd done!!!!! 'nough said huh?

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
The symptons described are an exact carbon copy of what i'm constantly feeling. It's so draining and i'm constantly feeling tired. I've tried so many pills, latest being citalopram, but have found no relief. It's enough to make you want to give up, has anyone found any medication that helps even slightly or do I have to accept that this is the way it's going to be for the rest of my life. So often i've given up the pills without telling the doctor and the withdrawal has not been too good, I know it's like playing russian roulette with your health but I get so down.

How long do you give your meds chance to work Roxy ?

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
i'm dizzy:eek:

the last couple of weeks i've had palpitations and general awareness of my heartbeat, butterflies (although i think they are big moths), aching chest, irritating bowels (i have IBS) .. stiff neck , headaches ...

i know these are all symptoms of anxiety, but i have so far convinced myself (in no particular order ) that i have lung cancer, angina, another brain haemorrhage, pulmonary embolism, stomach cancer,

and now im worried that all this worrying is going to make me really get ill :scared::cry:

i take my pulse, check the dilation of my pupils, feel for lumps and bumps and generally get myself into a state.

my family are great if i ring them (but i don't like to ) but i tend to just take the p*ss out of myself and we all laugh

ha ha Sandy's got a fatal disease again :unsure:
How are you feeling now sandybob?

I too have IBS , it's not too good at the mo either.

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi Fed Up

I've been on citalopram before for at least a year, this time i've given it two months but on each occasion i've constantly been tired, and the anxiety is still always there. It seems that whatever side effects the drugs have I get them,and I just lose faith and give them up. Right now the weight on my shoulders and neck is unbelievable and I can't shake it off, it's at times like this I feel llike having a right good drink, but I know this is not the answer, the relaxation onlly lasts as long as the alcohol.

I suppose the other members will have had the good sense to abstain from drinking while anxiety is at its peak and or on medication.:confused:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Did you try taking your meds in the evening so side effects were not felt as you'd be sleeping?

I had to do this .......... it works too :)

I don't drink really so alcohol never enter's my head.

D

Dollit

Roxy, that feeling in the neck can be made to go away with a neck massage. I'd do it for you if you were in Bristol. A CPN taught me how to massage myself years ago and I always feel less coiled when I've done it. :)

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Hi there everybody

I do take meds in the evening but I still wake up so tense, feeling as if i've not slept, guess i'm just unluckyl I'll try that neck massage tip, allthough i did attend a stress centre up here in scotland and had that treatment for a few weeks but the muscles still didn't relax. My heads so full of jumbled thoughts that i just don't focus properly, maybe a reason why nothing seems to work. But thanks for the feedback, it's nice to be able to share these thoughts and feelings with folk that understand.(y)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Roxy have you tried one of the wheat pillows that you put in the microwave. I have one and find it really helpful

D

Dollit

Roxy - when you massage your neck make sure you reach the ends of the muscles as well as that is where the tension starts. Lots of almond oil or baby oil or even some tiger balm. :tea:

R

Roxy

Founding Member
Popped down to see my sister earlier so not long in, have not tried the tiger balm, take it you'd get that from the health food shops. My psychologist says that you have to be compassionate to yourself, it makes sense yet is somehow difficult to put into practice. I'm definitely going to try and take more care of myself, as should we all, thanks everybody, you're a lovely bunch of folks.:grouphug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Your up late Roxy. I cant remember the last time i stayed out so late. Ive been to bed had a sleep and got up again. Will try and get a couple of hous later. Hope you sleep well:sleep: