• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Spider phobia

J

Jem83

I have recently moved house on my own and I am finding it very difficult to relax especially at night in case a spider comes into the house.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Jem and welcome to the forum. I too fear spiders. I am sorry you are finding it hard to relax. Have you heard of cbt? It is a type of therapy that can be very helpful for phobias. Maybe it is something you may like to try.

J

Jem83

Thanks for your reply. I have tried hypnosis but that did not work. I have bought a spider catcher but unsure how I feel about this as the spider may escape. I will have a look at cbt as you kindly advised.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Those catchers are designed so the spider cannot escape. I can understand your fear though.

J

Jem83

I also find myself drinking a glass of wine incase a spider appears, so that I’m not as afraid

bpd2020

bpd2020

I can understand that. It is hard to see something that scares us.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im terrified of them too
i often have nightmares it is hard to hear they are harmless when they scare us so
short term counselling can help with spider phobia

my support worker said her daughter can hold a tarantula in her hand but is scared of house spiders x