• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

spending too much x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im spending money i don't really have to cheer me up
i paid my debt off as my aunt helped
i try not to spend for a day and i get a compulsion too do it

mostly its on toys for star x

JessisMe

JessisMe

Internet shopping makes it so easy to keep finding things to buy. At least your pooch will be happy! xo, j

Halle29

Halle29

I've done that too. I removed myself from all the stores' email lists so I don't receive notices on sales. I had an annual amazon prime membership and now I do it month to month to ween myself off it and am considering canceling it so that I will shop less. I got a budget planner and will start using it as soon as it arrives and am trying to sell stuff online. The impulse is there, but I find that it helps to wait a few days until the anxiousness wears off and then reevaluate if you need it.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Spending is my downfall as well Lu. But I’m trying to spend on things for the house now rather than on silly things for myself that i dont need. Latest extravagance was a sewing machine

mandy125

mandy125

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I also spend too much on stuff I don't need but as I'm moving I'm trying to be minimalistic and try to save my money hope your well x

V

Vegay

Is this a part of BPD?? I've been doing this lately too - searching for things to purchase online, simply to "cheer myself up" I guess. I normally do it without thinking and then worry about it later

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i bought something very expensive so now i have debt again
and i have taken out more credit
im going to be more careful though because having debt makes me feel physically sick with worry x